*Dionne Warwick was taken to the hospital in London after injuring herself ahead of a taped appearance on U.K. TV show “Strictly Come Dancing.”
The singer was to pre-record a rendition of “(There’s) Always Something There to Remind Me” on the dancing show (the UK’s equivalent of “Dancing With the Stars”), but she twisted her ankle in a fall before making it to the studio.
Warwick ended up performing the track sitting down at the taping, which aired on Sunday (Oct. 21, 2012). [Scroll down to watch.] After the set, her team persuaded her to have the injury checked out by doctors at a nearby hospital.
A source tells Britain’s The Sun, “Dionne had an accident at the hotel and really hurt her ankle. She came to the studio in a wheelchair and everyone was really worried for her. She should have probably been in hospital getting it checked out. But she has not been in the business for decades because she flakes on people.
“She’s a genuine pro and just grabbed the floor manager’s arm, hobbled on to the stage, sat down and got on with it. She even joked that when her ankle gets better she’s going to come back on and give us all a dance.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Behind the Scenes of Janet Jackson’s New Video for ‘Dammn Baby’ (Watch)
- #AirbnbWhileBlack Exposes Racism Faced by Black Renters
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- 50 Cent Donates $100,000 to Autism Speaks after Mocking Teen
- Genealogical Firm Vets Man Claiming to be Prince’s Biological Son
- Watch ‘Little Miss Flint’ Run Into President Obama’s Arms (Video)
- Paul McCartney Covers ‘Let’s Go Crazy’ During Minneapolis Concert (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here