*Dionne Warwick was taken to the hospital in London after injuring herself ahead of a taped appearance on U.K. TV show “Strictly Come Dancing.”
The singer was to pre-record a rendition of “(There’s) Always Something There to Remind Me” on the dancing show (the UK’s equivalent of “Dancing With the Stars”), but she twisted her ankle in a fall before making it to the studio.
Warwick ended up performing the track sitting down at the taping, which aired on Sunday (Oct. 21, 2012). [Scroll down to watch.] After the set, her team persuaded her to have the injury checked out by doctors at a nearby hospital.
A source tells Britain’s The Sun, “Dionne had an accident at the hotel and really hurt her ankle. She came to the studio in a wheelchair and everyone was really worried for her. She should have probably been in hospital getting it checked out. But she has not been in the business for decades because she flakes on people.
“She’s a genuine pro and just grabbed the floor manager’s arm, hobbled on to the stage, sat down and got on with it. She even joked that when her ankle gets better she’s going to come back on and give us all a dance.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Maya Angelou Doc ‘And Still I Rise’ Wins AFI Docs Audience Award (Watch a Clip)
- Toni Braxton and Birdman Cozy at the 2016 BET Awards
- Lil Wayne Wanted for Questioning in Scuffle at BET Awards After-Party
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here