*Dionne Warwick was taken to the hospital in London after injuring herself ahead of a taped appearance on U.K. TV show “Strictly Come Dancing.”
The singer was to pre-record a rendition of “(There’s) Always Something There to Remind Me” on the dancing show (the UK’s equivalent of “Dancing With the Stars”), but she twisted her ankle in a fall before making it to the studio.
Warwick ended up performing the track sitting down at the taping, which aired on Sunday (Oct. 21, 2012). [Scroll down to watch.] After the set, her team persuaded her to have the injury checked out by doctors at a nearby hospital.
A source tells Britain’s The Sun, “Dionne had an accident at the hotel and really hurt her ankle. She came to the studio in a wheelchair and everyone was really worried for her. She should have probably been in hospital getting it checked out. But she has not been in the business for decades because she flakes on people.
“She’s a genuine pro and just grabbed the floor manager’s arm, hobbled on to the stage, sat down and got on with it. She even joked that when her ankle gets better she’s going to come back on and give us all a dance.”
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Celebrities React to Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here