*Dionne Warwick was taken to the hospital in London after injuring herself ahead of a taped appearance on U.K. TV show “Strictly Come Dancing.”
The singer was to pre-record a rendition of “(There’s) Always Something There to Remind Me” on the dancing show (the UK’s equivalent of “Dancing With the Stars”), but she twisted her ankle in a fall before making it to the studio.
Warwick ended up performing the track sitting down at the taping, which aired on Sunday (Oct. 21, 2012). [Scroll down to watch.] After the set, her team persuaded her to have the injury checked out by doctors at a nearby hospital.
A source tells Britain’s The Sun, “Dionne had an accident at the hotel and really hurt her ankle. She came to the studio in a wheelchair and everyone was really worried for her. She should have probably been in hospital getting it checked out. But she has not been in the business for decades because she flakes on people.
“She’s a genuine pro and just grabbed the floor manager’s arm, hobbled on to the stage, sat down and got on with it. She even joked that when her ankle gets better she’s going to come back on and give us all a dance.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here