*Dionne Warwick was taken to the hospital in London after injuring herself ahead of a taped appearance on U.K. TV show “Strictly Come Dancing.”
The singer was to pre-record a rendition of “(There’s) Always Something There to Remind Me” on the dancing show (the UK’s equivalent of “Dancing With the Stars”), but she twisted her ankle in a fall before making it to the studio.
Warwick ended up performing the track sitting down at the taping, which aired on Sunday (Oct. 21, 2012). [Scroll down to watch.] After the set, her team persuaded her to have the injury checked out by doctors at a nearby hospital.
A source tells Britain’s The Sun, “Dionne had an accident at the hotel and really hurt her ankle. She came to the studio in a wheelchair and everyone was really worried for her. She should have probably been in hospital getting it checked out. But she has not been in the business for decades because she flakes on people.
“She’s a genuine pro and just grabbed the floor manager’s arm, hobbled on to the stage, sat down and got on with it. She even joked that when her ankle gets better she’s going to come back on and give us all a dance.”
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here