*A surprise appearance by rapper Drake caused the crowd to lapse into chaos at a Howard University homecoming event on Friday as hundreds of fans suddenly attempted to rush the stage.
Headliner 2 Chainz was performing his track “No Lie” when he brought collaborator Drake out as a special guest during HU’s International YardFest concert in D.C.
Pandemonium ensued as the crowd pushed forward, resulting in photographers and concert-goers being shoved into barricades and leaving several students with minor injuries. [See videos below.]
The rappers were forced to stop their set and plead with crowd members to step back while guards helped crushed fans over the barriers and to safety.
Other artists who performed at the annual YardFest show included T.I., Pusha T and Meek Mill.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here