*EURweb hit up the red carpet last month for a performance of “The Izzy Show,” a live sketch comedy showcase that takes place monthly in the Los Angeles area with an all-teen cast.
Inspired by such programs as “Chappelle’s Show,” “The Chris Rock Show” and “All That,” the comedy troupe – led by Chicago native Israel “Izzy” Dixon – performs sketches and stand-up that pokes fun at pop-culture, the news, and teen interests — all from their teenage point of view. (One skit features a Justin Bieber impersonator filming a PSA for Black History Month.)
The monthly live event is produced by actor Miguel A Nunez Jr. (“Juwanna Mann”), Bernard Dixon, Charles Gooch, and Lupe De Los Angeles, and written by Buddy Lewis, Candice Thompson, Rich Aronovitch and RT Steckel.
Below, EURweb correspondent Kymm Soden-Thornton caught up with Nunez and the cast before their Sept. 2 show at The Jon Lovitz Comedy Club in Universal City.
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here