*EURweb hit up the red carpet last month for a performance of “The Izzy Show,” a live sketch comedy showcase that takes place monthly in the Los Angeles area with an all-teen cast.
Inspired by such programs as “Chappelle’s Show,” “The Chris Rock Show” and “All That,” the comedy troupe – led by Chicago native Israel “Izzy” Dixon – performs sketches and stand-up that pokes fun at pop-culture, the news, and teen interests — all from their teenage point of view. (One skit features a Justin Bieber impersonator filming a PSA for Black History Month.)
The monthly live event is produced by actor Miguel A Nunez Jr. (“Juwanna Mann”), Bernard Dixon, Charles Gooch, and Lupe De Los Angeles, and written by Buddy Lewis, Candice Thompson, Rich Aronovitch and RT Steckel.
Below, EURweb correspondent Kymm Soden-Thornton caught up with Nunez and the cast before their Sept. 2 show at The Jon Lovitz Comedy Club in Universal City.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stars Come Out for TV One's New Series 'Here We Go Again' in Atlanta (Pics)
- Overbrook Entertainment (Will Smith's Co.) 'Lacks Diversity' (Watch)
- The Socialist's Journal: The Problem for Democrats
- Ex-NFLer Bill Romanowski Calls Cam Newton ‘Boy’ in Racist Rant, Later Apologizes
- Breaking Down America's Wealth in Black and White
- Ciara Files to Sue Future for $15 Million
- New Reports Puts When and How Much Porn Americans Watch on Blast
- Rudy Giuliani Accuses Beyoncé of Attacking Police with Super Bowl Performance
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here