*EURweb hit up the red carpet last month for a performance of “The Izzy Show,” a live sketch comedy showcase that takes place monthly in the Los Angeles area with an all-teen cast.
Inspired by such programs as “Chappelle’s Show,” “The Chris Rock Show” and “All That,” the comedy troupe – led by Chicago native Israel “Izzy” Dixon – performs sketches and stand-up that pokes fun at pop-culture, the news, and teen interests — all from their teenage point of view. (One skit features a Justin Bieber impersonator filming a PSA for Black History Month.)
The monthly live event is produced by actor Miguel A Nunez Jr. (“Juwanna Mann”), Bernard Dixon, Charles Gooch, and Lupe De Los Angeles, and written by Buddy Lewis, Candice Thompson, Rich Aronovitch and RT Steckel.
Below, EURweb correspondent Kymm Soden-Thornton caught up with Nunez and the cast before their Sept. 2 show at The Jon Lovitz Comedy Club in Universal City.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here