*EURweb hit up the red carpet last month for a performance of “The Izzy Show,” a live sketch comedy showcase that takes place monthly in the Los Angeles area with an all-teen cast.
Inspired by such programs as “Chappelle’s Show,” “The Chris Rock Show” and “All That,” the comedy troupe – led by Chicago native Israel “Izzy” Dixon – performs sketches and stand-up that pokes fun at pop-culture, the news, and teen interests — all from their teenage point of view. (One skit features a Justin Bieber impersonator filming a PSA for Black History Month.)
The monthly live event is produced by actor Miguel A Nunez Jr. (“Juwanna Mann”), Bernard Dixon, Charles Gooch, and Lupe De Los Angeles, and written by Buddy Lewis, Candice Thompson, Rich Aronovitch and RT Steckel.
Below, EURweb correspondent Kymm Soden-Thornton caught up with Nunez and the cast before their Sept. 2 show at The Jon Lovitz Comedy Club in Universal City.
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here