*EURweb hit up the red carpet last month for a performance of “The Izzy Show,” a live sketch comedy showcase that takes place monthly in the Los Angeles area with an all-teen cast.
Inspired by such programs as “Chappelle’s Show,” “The Chris Rock Show” and “All That,” the comedy troupe – led by Chicago native Israel “Izzy” Dixon – performs sketches and stand-up that pokes fun at pop-culture, the news, and teen interests — all from their teenage point of view. (One skit features a Justin Bieber impersonator filming a PSA for Black History Month.)
The monthly live event is produced by actor Miguel A Nunez Jr. (“Juwanna Mann”), Bernard Dixon, Charles Gooch, and Lupe De Los Angeles, and written by Buddy Lewis, Candice Thompson, Rich Aronovitch and RT Steckel.
Below, EURweb correspondent Kymm Soden-Thornton caught up with Nunez and the cast before their Sept. 2 show at The Jon Lovitz Comedy Club in Universal City.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here