*The suspected gunman connected with the fatal shooting at Creflo Dollar’s World Changers Church International in College Park has arrested
Floyd Palmer, 52, was arrested at Lenox Square in Buckhead just before 4 p.m., according to the U.S. Marshall’s Service, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
Palmer was wanted in connection with the fatal shooting of Greg McDowell, 39, at the megachurch founded by televangelist Creflo Dollar. Dollar was not at the church at the time of the shooting, according to police.
Police identified McDowell as a member and volunteer prayer leader at the church.
Fulton County police spokeswoman Cpl. Kay Lester said Palmer, a former employee who resigned in August, “walked calmly into the church and left just as calmly,” after the shooting. Police said the suspect left the scene in a black Subaru station wagon.
Police said McDowell was shot around 10:30 a.m. and later died. Lester said it was not yet clear whether McDowell was targeted by the shooter or shot randomly. Lester said the victim was leading prayer at the time of the shooting in the chapel where 20 to 25 people were gathered. Lester said police were in the process of interviewing witnesses and watching the church’s surveillance videos.
Read/learn more at AJC.com.
Watch this video report from WSB TV for more background info on the shooting.
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here