*The suspected gunman connected with the fatal shooting at Creflo Dollar’s World Changers Church International in College Park has arrested
Floyd Palmer, 52, was arrested at Lenox Square in Buckhead just before 4 p.m., according to the U.S. Marshall’s Service, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
Palmer was wanted in connection with the fatal shooting of Greg McDowell, 39, at the megachurch founded by televangelist Creflo Dollar. Dollar was not at the church at the time of the shooting, according to police.
Police identified McDowell as a member and volunteer prayer leader at the church.
Fulton County police spokeswoman Cpl. Kay Lester said Palmer, a former employee who resigned in August, “walked calmly into the church and left just as calmly,” after the shooting. Police said the suspect left the scene in a black Subaru station wagon.
Police said McDowell was shot around 10:30 a.m. and later died. Lester said it was not yet clear whether McDowell was targeted by the shooter or shot randomly. Lester said the victim was leading prayer at the time of the shooting in the chapel where 20 to 25 people were gathered. Lester said police were in the process of interviewing witnesses and watching the church’s surveillance videos.
Read/learn more at AJC.com.
Watch this video report from WSB TV for more background info on the shooting.
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here