*The suspected gunman connected with the fatal shooting at Creflo Dollar’s World Changers Church International in College Park has arrested
Floyd Palmer, 52, was arrested at Lenox Square in Buckhead just before 4 p.m., according to the U.S. Marshall’s Service, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
Palmer was wanted in connection with the fatal shooting of Greg McDowell, 39, at the megachurch founded by televangelist Creflo Dollar. Dollar was not at the church at the time of the shooting, according to police.
Police identified McDowell as a member and volunteer prayer leader at the church.
Fulton County police spokeswoman Cpl. Kay Lester said Palmer, a former employee who resigned in August, “walked calmly into the church and left just as calmly,” after the shooting. Police said the suspect left the scene in a black Subaru station wagon.
Police said McDowell was shot around 10:30 a.m. and later died. Lester said it was not yet clear whether McDowell was targeted by the shooter or shot randomly. Lester said the victim was leading prayer at the time of the shooting in the chapel where 20 to 25 people were gathered. Lester said police were in the process of interviewing witnesses and watching the church’s surveillance videos.
Read/learn more at AJC.com.
Watch this video report from WSB TV for more background info on the shooting.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ludacris to Play Guantanamo Bay on Fourth of July
- Beyoncé's Mama Responds to Those Hating on Bey for Leaving BET Awards
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits 2016 Pt.2
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here