*There might be a little bitty problem with education and the executives of today.
They used to say when we were in grade school that we were the future of the country, but we never really took it to heart.
Now we have an example of how our miseducation or lack of education might come up in our decisions during our career…if you’re lucky enough to get into one.
The Gap and their designer Mark McNairy are under fire for designing a tee for the company with “Manifest Destiny” printed on the front, according to Yahoo! News.
While McNairy didn’t mean for the public to take this as a racially charged sentiment, it is, well except at the junior high school he attended, immediately associated with the disregard for Native Americans and/or people of color during white men’s supposedly Providence ordained expansion into the West during the mid-nineteenth century in a still up and coming United States.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here