*There might be a little bitty problem with education and the executives of today.
They used to say when we were in grade school that we were the future of the country, but we never really took it to heart.
Now we have an example of how our miseducation or lack of education might come up in our decisions during our career…if you’re lucky enough to get into one.
The Gap and their designer Mark McNairy are under fire for designing a tee for the company with “Manifest Destiny” printed on the front, according to Yahoo! News.
While McNairy didn’t mean for the public to take this as a racially charged sentiment, it is, well except at the junior high school he attended, immediately associated with the disregard for Native Americans and/or people of color during white men’s supposedly Providence ordained expansion into the West during the mid-nineteenth century in a still up and coming United States.
- Of 10,000 Facebook Employees Only 1% Black - None Are Execs
- NFL Players' Crazy Answers Make for Hilarious 'Family Feud' (WATCH)
- Transgender Heckler Tells why She Interrupted Pres. Obama
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here