*There might be a little bitty problem with education and the executives of today.
They used to say when we were in grade school that we were the future of the country, but we never really took it to heart.
Now we have an example of how our miseducation or lack of education might come up in our decisions during our career…if you’re lucky enough to get into one.
The Gap and their designer Mark McNairy are under fire for designing a tee for the company with “Manifest Destiny” printed on the front, according to Yahoo! News.
While McNairy didn’t mean for the public to take this as a racially charged sentiment, it is, well except at the junior high school he attended, immediately associated with the disregard for Native Americans and/or people of color during white men’s supposedly Providence ordained expansion into the West during the mid-nineteenth century in a still up and coming United States.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-26-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here