*Wisconsin GOP Senate candidate Tommy Thompson’s son weighed in on the presidential election Sunday morning.
In a clip posted on YouTube from a Republican Party Of Kenosha County brunch event, Jason Thompson remarked that “we have the opportunity” to send President Barack Obama “back to Chicago — or Kenya,” drawing applause from the crowd, reports the Huffington Post.
Republican National Committee Chair Reince Priebus was among the other speakers, adding that “we have an opportunity to save America” by electing Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan.
Shorewood (Wis.) Patch reports that Tommy Thompson, who was not at the event, told reporters that he had not seen the video. A spokesperson for his campaign told BuzzFeed that “Jason Thompson said something he should not have, and he apologizes.”
Last Tuesday, a protest against Obama in Santa Clara, Calif. featured similar racial undertones, including a noose, watermelons, and a sign that read “Go back to Kenya you idiot.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nuisance Abatement Law Seemingly Gives NYPD License to Evict Criminal and Non-Criminal Residents
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here