*Wisconsin GOP Senate candidate Tommy Thompson’s son weighed in on the presidential election Sunday morning.
In a clip posted on YouTube from a Republican Party Of Kenosha County brunch event, Jason Thompson remarked that “we have the opportunity” to send President Barack Obama “back to Chicago — or Kenya,” drawing applause from the crowd, reports the Huffington Post.
Republican National Committee Chair Reince Priebus was among the other speakers, adding that “we have an opportunity to save America” by electing Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan.
Shorewood (Wis.) Patch reports that Tommy Thompson, who was not at the event, told reporters that he had not seen the video. A spokesperson for his campaign told BuzzFeed that “Jason Thompson said something he should not have, and he apologizes.”
Last Tuesday, a protest against Obama in Santa Clara, Calif. featured similar racial undertones, including a noose, watermelons, and a sign that read “Go back to Kenya you idiot.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here