*Wisconsin GOP Senate candidate Tommy Thompson’s son weighed in on the presidential election Sunday morning.
In a clip posted on YouTube from a Republican Party Of Kenosha County brunch event, Jason Thompson remarked that “we have the opportunity” to send President Barack Obama “back to Chicago — or Kenya,” drawing applause from the crowd, reports the Huffington Post.
Republican National Committee Chair Reince Priebus was among the other speakers, adding that “we have an opportunity to save America” by electing Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan.
Shorewood (Wis.) Patch reports that Tommy Thompson, who was not at the event, told reporters that he had not seen the video. A spokesperson for his campaign told BuzzFeed that “Jason Thompson said something he should not have, and he apologizes.”
Last Tuesday, a protest against Obama in Santa Clara, Calif. featured similar racial undertones, including a noose, watermelons, and a sign that read “Go back to Kenya you idiot.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here