No stranger to politics, the Nevada native and former UNLV and NBA player is featured in a new ad for the Republican presidential nominee
“I really lost faith in [Barack Obama],” Anthony says in the 30 second ad, which was uploaded to You Tube Friday. “I’m supporting Mitt Romney. He’s a no-excuse kind of guy and over the last four years, I think we’ve heard enough excuses.”
During the ad, Anthony admits he voted for Obama in 2008 because he “thought he’d be a centrist.” He also says high unemployment rates in Nevada is another reason he’s not supporting the president again.
Like EURweb on Facebook
As far as his 11-year NBA career, he is mostly remembered for his time with the New York Knicks during the early 1990s. He was far more successful in college, where he starred with other future NBA players Larry Johnson and Stacey Augmon at UNLV. The 1990 team won an NCAA Championship.
In college, Anthony was a national vice-chairman for the Young Republicans from 1989-91. He is currently an basketball analyst on NBA TV and CBS Sports.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince’s Fam Requests Revolution Start Reunion Tour AFTER August Memorial Event
- Judge Favors Chris Brown in Baby Mama’s Attempt to Restrict Custody
- Derek Fisher, Ex-Wife Agree to Destroy Their Frozen Embryos in Divorce Settlement
- Starz Programming Shift Moves ‘Power’, 'Survivor's Remorse' to Sunday Nights
- Tyler Perry on Singing ‘Play That Funky Music’ With Prince (Watch)
- Jay Z Responds to ‘Lemonade’, Shouts Out Prince On ‘All The Way Up’ Remix
- Dog Hours Away from Euthanasia, Saved By Student Vet's Discovery
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here