*It was nearly a year ago when Halle Berry famously broke her right foot as she was running after her daughter Nahla — who had run off in hot pursuit of a goat.
As previously reported, the Oscar winner was at her rented villa in Majorca, Spain, enjoying a day off from filming “Cloud Atlas” when she bolted after her daughter, heard something crack in her foot and immediately felt the pain. She went to the emergency room, and paps were in place to capture her exit from the hospital in a wheelchair, not to mention her foot in a large cast.
“I thought I was out of the movie. I mean, I really broke five bones in my foot,” Berry told us during interviews for the film last weekend in Beverly Hills. “It was so physical what I had to do that I thought there’s no way I’m going to be able to just do this. What I found out was with lots of tape and wrapping and things that could be done to get me through the process, I found ways to just grin and bear it and get through it.”
Below, Berry (interviewed alongside her co-star Tom Hanks) says she thought for sure that “Cloud Atlas” directors Tom Tykwer, Lana Wachowski and Andy Wachowski would replace her with another famous African American actress once she returned to the set with crutches – just two days after production started.
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice-T & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here