*It was nearly a year ago when Halle Berry famously broke her right foot as she was running after her daughter Nahla — who had run off in hot pursuit of a goat.
As previously reported, the Oscar winner was at her rented villa in Majorca, Spain, enjoying a day off from filming “Cloud Atlas” when she bolted after her daughter, heard something crack in her foot and immediately felt the pain. She went to the emergency room, and paps were in place to capture her exit from the hospital in a wheelchair, not to mention her foot in a large cast.
“I thought I was out of the movie. I mean, I really broke five bones in my foot,” Berry told us during interviews for the film last weekend in Beverly Hills. “It was so physical what I had to do that I thought there’s no way I’m going to be able to just do this. What I found out was with lots of tape and wrapping and things that could be done to get me through the process, I found ways to just grin and bear it and get through it.”
Below, Berry (interviewed alongside her co-star Tom Hanks) says she thought for sure that “Cloud Atlas” directors Tom Tykwer, Lana Wachowski and Andy Wachowski would replace her with another famous African American actress once she returned to the set with crutches – just two days after production started.
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- AcaciaTV Strives To Increase Diversity In Fitness Videos, Training
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here