The legendary Harry Belafonte told the Huffington Post in a candid interview that the Republican candidate is not cut out for the job.
“I think that where we are now is in crisis and [at] a crossroads,” Belafonte said in the interview. “If unbridled capitalism prevails with the current electoral process, and Mitt Romney makes it, then I think we’re in for a terrible, terrible future. If he doesn’t make it, then I think we have a chance to look at the democratic institutions and be more sensitive to poverty, women’s issues, children, etc.”
Beyond the election, the singer/actor/activist touched upon celebrities and social responsibility, a topic he’s never shied away from.
He said that without activism, there could be no progress.
“There is no democracy without social engagement and social activism,” he said. “It’s very critical to the health and dynamic of a society that wants to remain democratic and build upon democratic principles. If you cut out that platform, they will have seriously injured the democratic process.”
Check out the full interview at Huffington Post.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NFL Great Jerry Rice is Driving for Lyft in San Francisco (WATCH)
- Stacey Dash Responds to Anthony Anderson Slamming Her at Image Awards
- Saturday Bets Evens Action Between Broncos and Panthers in 'Vegas
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show, GoFundMe Controversy, Toyota Upcharges Minorities & More! | BHL's This Week
- Anthony Michael Hobbs’ 'One Nation' Screening at Bonita Springs Int'l Film Fest Feb.13
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here