Despite his battle with bipolar depression, the politician is relentless and plans to push for a re-election.
This could be a great campaigning point for the man.
He’s been gone from his job for almost four months now, due to hospitalization and other medically related issues. His wife, however, has been speaking on his behalf. Sandi Jackson is currently heading up his re-election bid.
And lucky for the rep, he’s on the winning side, being that he has already nurtured a reputation among his fellow Chicagoans, and he’s in the regional favorite political party.
But, this doesn’t mean his mental illness or favorable stance among community members is going to bag him results. He still has to prove himself, and show the people he’s the man for the job.
“The public has been sucked into this sympathy campaign that he’s got going on,” said opponent Marcus Lewis. “This has been going on since June. And it’s unfair to constituents, because they have no representation whatsoever.”
Check out the full story at LATimes.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here