Despite his battle with bipolar depression, the politician is relentless and plans to push for a re-election.
This could be a great campaigning point for the man.
He’s been gone from his job for almost four months now, due to hospitalization and other medically related issues. His wife, however, has been speaking on his behalf. Sandi Jackson is currently heading up his re-election bid.
And lucky for the rep, he’s on the winning side, being that he has already nurtured a reputation among his fellow Chicagoans, and he’s in the regional favorite political party.
But, this doesn’t mean his mental illness or favorable stance among community members is going to bag him results. He still has to prove himself, and show the people he’s the man for the job.
“The public has been sucked into this sympathy campaign that he’s got going on,” said opponent Marcus Lewis. “This has been going on since June. And it’s unfair to constituents, because they have no representation whatsoever.”
Check out the full story at LATimes.com.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here