Despite his battle with bipolar depression, the politician is relentless and plans to push for a re-election.
This could be a great campaigning point for the man.
He’s been gone from his job for almost four months now, due to hospitalization and other medically related issues. His wife, however, has been speaking on his behalf. Sandi Jackson is currently heading up his re-election bid.
And lucky for the rep, he’s on the winning side, being that he has already nurtured a reputation among his fellow Chicagoans, and he’s in the regional favorite political party.
But, this doesn’t mean his mental illness or favorable stance among community members is going to bag him results. He still has to prove himself, and show the people he’s the man for the job.
“The public has been sucked into this sympathy campaign that he’s got going on,” said opponent Marcus Lewis. “This has been going on since June. And it’s unfair to constituents, because they have no representation whatsoever.”
Check out the full story at LATimes.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan Involves Eating 10 Pounds of Food Everyday
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here