*With his next release, John Legend is promising “the best album of my career.” Unfortunately for fans, that album has been delayed.
John Legend announced on his website Tuesday that the release of his forthcoming “Love in the Future” album, which is being produced by Kanye West, has been pushed back. And while Legend writes that “the creative process has been exciting,” he admits, “the timing hasn’t adhered to the schedule I originally envisioned.”
Albums delays are also halting dates of his fall 2012 tour. Legend says, as a result, he made the “agonizing decision” to push back his scheduled performances, including shows originally slated for later this month, until he can “fully unveil the creative vision.”
The Grammy Award-winning singer promises that the resulting music and tour will be “worth the wait.”
Read Legend’s full statement below:
Hey beautiful people,
I’m writing with a change of plans to share with you. As you all know, I’ve been working on my new album, Love in the Future, with Kanye and the rest of my creative team for a while now. I planned to release the album this Fall and go on tour to perform new songs from the album. We announced the dates before we’d finished the album because we were sure we’d finish the album in time. But, unfortunately, while the creative process has been exciting and I’m pretty certain we’re going to deliver the best album of my career so far, the timing hasn’t adhered to the schedule I originally envisioned. In other words, we’re not done with the album. And my team and I have made the agonizing decision to put off the tour until 2013* when we know we will have the new music done and will be ready to fully unveil the creative vision through the album and the live experience.
I’ve never postponed a tour or done anything like this before. I’ve only missed a show due to illness a couple times in my eight-year career. I don’t like letting my fans down, and I sincerely regret disappointing the thousands of you who have already spent your hard-earned money and gotten excited to see the show. Please know that we will try our best to make the music and the 2013 tour well worth the wait. In the meantime, ticket holders can get a refund on your ticket purchases now.
Thanks for your patience. I sincerely apologize if I’ve let any of you down. I’m going to get back to work and make sure we make this album the “best you’ve ever had.”
*Please note: The Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino show in Hollywood, FL originally slated for October 17, 2012 has been rescheduled to April 10, 2013; tickets already purchased will be honored for the new date. The Borgata Spa and Resort Event Center show in Atlantic City, NJ on Saturday October 27, 2012 is happening as originally scheduled.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here