*Lifetime’s “Steel Magnolias” remake gets a green light to debut this Sunday after a temporary restraining order sought by a producer on the original movie was thrown out.
A Los Angeles judge made the decision after a hearing this morning, reports Deadline.com. Victoria L. White, executive producer on the 1989 feature, earlier this week filed a lawsuit against the remake’s producer, Sony Pictures Television, Lifetime and the network’s parent A+E Television Networks, along with an injunction request to block the TV movie from airing.
Still ongoing, however, is the part of the suit charging breach of contract, good faith and fair dealing, screen credits, fees, and a portion of net profits.
Lifetime’s remake of the classic feature film stars Queen Latifah, Alfre Woodard, Phylicia Rashad, Jill Scott, Adepero Oduye and Rashad’s daughter Condola Rashad star. It is executive produced by Craig Zadan and Neil Meron.
- The Socialist's Journal: The Value of Lives (Cecil the Lion)
- Min. Paul Scott/Straight Outta Con Man: Exposin’ the Truth About NWA
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here