He mentioned that like any good musician he’s got a studio on the tour bus, and much of “Good Kid” was created while on the road with Drake.
“It was just me going to a show, recording at night all the way to the morning,” he said. “[I] probably got two hours of sleep [then] got back up in the morning, do radio, do rehearsal, go to the show again at night, record, wake up and do it all over again.”
The album is just about finished, and Kendrick calls the whole journey an exhausting one.
“It’s been a journey just knowing how far I’ve came from scratching the surface and asking bloggers to put your music up or asking can you open up for certain venue,” he said. “It’s a process and I don’t take that process for granted. I knew that I’ve developed myself and my team developed me to get to where I’m at.”
One of the tracks features rap legend Dr. Dre, an experience he described as humbling.
Check out the full interview here.
Watch the interview below.
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here