He mentioned that like any good musician he’s got a studio on the tour bus, and much of “Good Kid” was created while on the road with Drake.
“It was just me going to a show, recording at night all the way to the morning,” he said. “[I] probably got two hours of sleep [then] got back up in the morning, do radio, do rehearsal, go to the show again at night, record, wake up and do it all over again.”
The album is just about finished, and Kendrick calls the whole journey an exhausting one.
“It’s been a journey just knowing how far I’ve came from scratching the surface and asking bloggers to put your music up or asking can you open up for certain venue,” he said. “It’s a process and I don’t take that process for granted. I knew that I’ve developed myself and my team developed me to get to where I’m at.”
One of the tracks features rap legend Dr. Dre, an experience he described as humbling.
Check out the full interview here.
Watch the interview below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here