He mentioned that like any good musician he’s got a studio on the tour bus, and much of “Good Kid” was created while on the road with Drake.
“It was just me going to a show, recording at night all the way to the morning,” he said. “[I] probably got two hours of sleep [then] got back up in the morning, do radio, do rehearsal, go to the show again at night, record, wake up and do it all over again.”
The album is just about finished, and Kendrick calls the whole journey an exhausting one.
“It’s been a journey just knowing how far I’ve came from scratching the surface and asking bloggers to put your music up or asking can you open up for certain venue,” he said. “It’s a process and I don’t take that process for granted. I knew that I’ve developed myself and my team developed me to get to where I’m at.”
One of the tracks features rap legend Dr. Dre, an experience he described as humbling.
Check out the full interview here.
Watch the interview below.
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here