*Actress Lark Voorhies, who became a child star as the fashion-loving Lisa Turtle in the TV series “Saved By the Bell,” has been diagnosed as having bipolar disorder, according to People magazine.
Doctors first noticed something was wrong when she began alternating between moments of pure joy and constant chatter to times of prolonged silence, coupled with a vacant stare – within a matter of minutes.
“It’s frustrating… They can’t explain it… I care deeply about my daughter and I want her to resume her life,” Lark’s mom Tricia tells People.
The actress, now 38, was recently prescribed medication to help deal with the mental illness, but Tricia insists the condition was brought on by a series of undisclosed events, which left the actress traumatized.
She refuses to divulge further details, saying, “I don’t want to go there,” but Tricia adds her daughter was devastated when her career stalled after the show’s final episode in 1993 and her marriage to husband Miguel Coleman fell apart in 2001.
However, she does have hope Lark will pull through: “She’s trying so hard. She says she’s delayed, but she’s going to get there.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here