*Grammy award winning singer and songwriter, Le’Andria Johnson is set to join forces with Lindy’s Place Inc., Greater St. Stephen Full Gospel Baptist Church, and WYLD-AM (New Orleans) for “A Gospel Music Extravaganza” celebrating Lindy’s Place’s 20 years of empowering women.
Johnson, who just released “Le’Andria Johnson The Experience,” has been away from the stage for a couple months after delivering her baby just one week before the September release of her album. Fans have been anxiously awaiting her return to the stage – Johnson felt the cause behind this concert was the ideal platform to resume doing what she loves the most – ministering through song.
Lindy’s Place Inc. is a New Orleans based homeless shelter for women, focused on helping to guide women towards self-sufficiency. Lindy’s Place Inc. provides services to their occupants such as: case management, self-awareness workshops, weekly education seminars, group counseling, job skills sessions, and rental assistance for those that move on from the program. Through these services, the organization has helped thousands of women break the cycle of homelessness, unemployment and poverty.
Johnson found herself battling homelessness with her three children as a single parent, at one point. Though Johnson has since been blessed with a new home and a successful career, she does not allow herself to forget the struggles she once faced. Johnson uses her platform to help those in need. Her music gives hope and inspiration to those in the same situations that she was once in.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- You Can Purchase 'Boycott Beyoncé' Shirts at 'Formation' Tour
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here