*Grammy award winning singer and songwriter, Le’Andria Johnson is set to join forces with Lindy’s Place Inc., Greater St. Stephen Full Gospel Baptist Church, and WYLD-AM (New Orleans) for “A Gospel Music Extravaganza” celebrating Lindy’s Place’s 20 years of empowering women.
Johnson, who just released “Le’Andria Johnson The Experience,” has been away from the stage for a couple months after delivering her baby just one week before the September release of her album. Fans have been anxiously awaiting her return to the stage – Johnson felt the cause behind this concert was the ideal platform to resume doing what she loves the most – ministering through song.
Lindy’s Place Inc. is a New Orleans based homeless shelter for women, focused on helping to guide women towards self-sufficiency. Lindy’s Place Inc. provides services to their occupants such as: case management, self-awareness workshops, weekly education seminars, group counseling, job skills sessions, and rental assistance for those that move on from the program. Through these services, the organization has helped thousands of women break the cycle of homelessness, unemployment and poverty.
Johnson found herself battling homelessness with her three children as a single parent, at one point. Though Johnson has since been blessed with a new home and a successful career, she does not allow herself to forget the struggles she once faced. Johnson uses her platform to help those in need. Her music gives hope and inspiration to those in the same situations that she was once in.
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here