*Grammy award winning singer and songwriter, Le’Andria Johnson is set to join forces with Lindy’s Place Inc., Greater St. Stephen Full Gospel Baptist Church, and WYLD-AM (New Orleans) for “A Gospel Music Extravaganza” celebrating Lindy’s Place’s 20 years of empowering women.
Johnson, who just released “Le’Andria Johnson The Experience,” has been away from the stage for a couple months after delivering her baby just one week before the September release of her album. Fans have been anxiously awaiting her return to the stage – Johnson felt the cause behind this concert was the ideal platform to resume doing what she loves the most – ministering through song.
Lindy’s Place Inc. is a New Orleans based homeless shelter for women, focused on helping to guide women towards self-sufficiency. Lindy’s Place Inc. provides services to their occupants such as: case management, self-awareness workshops, weekly education seminars, group counseling, job skills sessions, and rental assistance for those that move on from the program. Through these services, the organization has helped thousands of women break the cycle of homelessness, unemployment and poverty.
Johnson found herself battling homelessness with her three children as a single parent, at one point. Though Johnson has since been blessed with a new home and a successful career, she does not allow herself to forget the struggles she once faced. Johnson uses her platform to help those in need. Her music gives hope and inspiration to those in the same situations that she was once in.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here