Her hubby Daniel Gibson was at first a bit hesitant to seek professional therapy for their marriage, but over time, he realized it was necessary.
“At first, I didn’t believe in it. I’m a strong Christian, so I believed that, like, you go to God and you fix it and you pray about it, but sometimes you do need a different opinion,” Daniel told Essence.com.
But it ain’t easy. Keyshia admits it’s work staying happily married.
“Once I get upset, there’s kind of no turning back,” the singer explained. “He knows that that’s not fair, and I know that’s not fair. Sometimes I really get caught up in my emotions and I’m really good at it. So, like our psychiatrist says, I have to try to do ‘the unnatural thing.’ So, I’m trying.”
The couple is happily married, but they’ve got to work to spend time together since their schedules are so busy.
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah Join NBC’s ‘The Wiz Live!’
- Josh Smith Says Making $6.9 Million will be A Hardship for Him (VIDEO)
- Pres. Obama on 2016 Election: 'I Think If I Ran, I Would Win'
- Rumor or Fact? L.A. Gangs Threaten to Kill 100 People in 100 Days
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here