*Meet former radio DJ/announcer Lee “The Voice” Bailey of EURweb.com and Charmaine Bassett of the “Lady Charmaine Live” Show on Praise 98FM, at the Saturday, October 20, 2012 “Uplifting Minds II” (ULMII) entertainment conference to be held at the Celebrity Centre (5930 Franklin Avenue, Hollywood, CA 90028) from 12 noon – 5pm. Both will serve on the judges’ panel of the free conference’s national talent competition showcase – three seminars and an ‘established artist” showcase is also.
Lee Bailey is a former radio DJ who started while in the Air Force. In the 1970s his on-air skills landed him at stations in Sacramento, Washington, DC and Los Angeles. He built a reputation for his deep voice – was even given the nick-name “The Voice” – and for his very frank questions during his interviews.
Baileywent on to found, produce and host the legendary RadioScope: The Entertainment Magazine of the Air. And of course he’s now the publisher of a web magazine www.EURweb.com. Charmaine Bassett, known as Lady Charmaine, is a radio personality at Praise 98FM and also its program director/operations manager. On her show, the “Lady Charmaine Live” show, you will find her interviewing major artists and key people in the Contemporary Gospel entertainment industry, as well as secular – such as the cast of the new film Sparkle.
Praise 98FM is a Stellar Award nominated station and its website www.Praise98FM.com carries the show live and is heard in over 97 countries. Charmaine has over 20 years experience in radio and before landing at Praise, she worked at stations in Louisiana (KGRM), and Sacramento (V101.1).
The October 20th “ULMII” entertainment conference is presented by Boosweet Records (www.Boosweet.com). DJ ROC of KJLH 102.3FM will host the competition showcase portion of the event. Seminars offered include “Public Relations/Media & Promotions Strategies,” “Getting Radio Airplay,” and “Using Your Website to Market and Promote Your Product.”
There will be 10 acts competing in two of three categories – vocal, songwriting and dance. All genres of music are welcome at the free one-day conference.
Winners receive the ULMII Trophy and a list of prizes that include free legal advice (www.TheGardnerLawGroup.com), free PR/media and promotions consultation (www.FreelanceAssociatesInc.com), free make-up application and skin care consult (by make-up artist and skin care consultant Jenneane Collins), free music track (www.DUSTDEMAFF.com), and a free photo shoot (www.IAmSharpEye.com).
“Uplifting Minds II” is in its 13th year and is held once annual in Baltimore and twice a year in Los Angeles.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here