*Cleveland, Ohio – Robinson Global Sports & Entertainment Group LLC, today has announced it plans to develop the Official R&B Music Hall of Fame Museum that will be a state-of-the-art, highly interactive, virtual reality experience for individuals of all ages and cultures. It will memorialize rhythm artists, promoters and others that have contributed to this music genre. Its educational and preservation values alone are needed and have been welcomed and by many U.S. cities: Cleveland, Ohio Mayor Frank G. Jackson; East Cleveland, Ohio Mayor Gary Norton; Detroit, Michigan’s The New Detroit Entertainment Inc and the Motown Alumni Association; Memphis, Tennessee Mayor A.C. Wharton, Jr.
This museum is long overdue. There have been many attempts to establish a Rhythm & Rlues Hall of Fame of this magnitude, but none have come to fruition. The Official R&B Music Hall of Fame Museum (OR&BMHFM) will exemplify to the world the essence of rhythm & blues music and its components. The R&BMHFM’s Inaugural Induction Ceremony will be held on Sunday, May 5, 2013 in Cleveland, Ohio at Cleveland’s Music Hall/Public Auditorium, the same venue used for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremonies.
The class of the 2013 induction includes Michael Jackson, Whiney Houston, James Brown, The Temptations, The Hesitations, Otis Redding, The O’Jays, Dick Clark, Ruby & The Romantics, Gerald Levert, Aretha Franklin, The Clovers and the Dramatics to name a few of the 25 inductees. The Reverend Al Sharpton will receive the Ron Banks Humanitarian Award for his life-long support to many rhythm & blues and gospel artists.
Support for the museum has been received from many music artists and affiliates including the Impressions, the Chi-Lites, the family of James Brown and the families of many other deceased rhythm & blues artists. Fundraisers for the museum will include the Induction Ceremonies and a brick campaign drive to sell 10,000 bricks on which rhythm & blues artists’ names will appear.
The R&BMHFM will also memorialize and preserve the legacy and contributions of Gospel, Hip Hop music, as well as the contributions of preachers, through its Gospel Music & Preachers Hall of Fame Museum and the Hip Hop Museum of America. The African-American Music Research Center will also be an integral component of the OR&BMHFM.
Groundbreaking is being planned for the summer of 2013-14 once city is pick. A mobile exhibit currently tours the country.
More information regarding the R&BMHFM can be found by going to www.rbhalloffame.com
For complete list 2013 R&B Music Hall of Fame Inductees, see:
- Raven-Symoné Co-signs Oprah: 'Black Twitter Hates Me'
- Walmart Denies Customer Confederate Flag Cake, OK's ISIS Cake in Error (Video)
- Michael Sam Ends Six-Month Engagement With Fiancé
- 'UnSung Revisited' Debuts Tonight with Full Force & Paul Anthony
- Kem: 25 Years of Sobriety, Opens Up on Overcoming Drug Addiction
- Bree Newsome Reveals Reason Behind Removing the Confederate Flag
- LA Mayor Garcetti Finally Agrees to Meet with Black Lives Matter Activists (Dramatic Video)
- Compton Mayor Invites Submissions for 'Compton Champions' Awards
- THE (07-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here