You see, his ex-wife, Jean Muggli, who he divorced in 2006 in a highly publicized split, doesn’t see him as the big ol’ warm, cuddly, loveable teddy bear that we’ve come to know him as.
No sir buddy. She’s accusing Strahan of beating her, repeatedly cheating on her and ignoring their now 8-year-old twin daughters, Sophia and Isabella.
So now the former New York Giants star, 40, is out to do some damage control. He recently sat down with Bryant Gumbel on HBO’s “Real Sports” to discuss his bitter battle with Muggli.
“The worst of it?” he tells Gumbel in the episode airing tonight at 10pm E/P, “I think early on when you’re reading all these things in the paper that aren’t true — I’m not an adulterer. I’m not gay. I mean, I didn’t beat anybody.”
After Muggli’s accusations were made, Strahan filed for divorce after seven years of marriage, saying he had confronted her after she withdrew $3.3 million from their bank accounts. He vehemently denied he had ever struck her and the judge dismissed the claims against him. Still, in 2007, Muggli was awarded with a $15 million divorce settlement and $18,000 child support each month.
Michael Strahan is now engaged to Eddie Murphy’s ex-wife, Nicole Murphy.
- Amari Brown, 7, Shot and Killed While Watching 4th of July Fireworks!
- DeVon Franklin Answers Critics of Wife Megan Good’s Sexy Clothes
- 'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Honored by Black AIDS Institute (WATCH)
- Donny Osmond on Singing with Janet Jackson and Stevie Wonder
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- New Top Rank Lawsuit Brings Monopoly Claims Against Al Haymon
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here