*It was a mini-version of Black Girls Rock on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” last night as the talk show host featured guests Michelle Obama, Halle Berry and a performance by Ciara.
The first lady was there to encourage everyone to exercise their civic duty on Nov. 6 – or preferably, earlier.
“People should vote. No matter who you’re voting for, vote. That’s the point,” she told Kimmel.
“We’re encouraging people to vote early and to use Election Day to help people get to the polls,” she added. Registration rules vary from state to state, but Mrs. Obama says you can check your voting status and your eligibility for early voting online.
To really get the word out, Mrs. Obama and Kimmel filmed a skit showing how she’ll remind him to vote. In the clip, she sneaks into Kimmel’s bedroom at 5:30 in the morning with a megaphone and an air horn screaming “Election Day! Up and at ’em!” As he’s hustling out of the door, she squeezes in, “And eat some carrots!”
Halle Berry, on the show to promote today’s release of “Cloud Atlas,” chatted about meeting Michelle Obama backstage for the first time and being shocked to learn that the first couple was planning on watching the copy of “Cloud Atlas” that had just been delivered to the White House. The Oscar winner figured they had more important things to do. Watch below.
Michelle Obama also spoke to Jimmy about raising Sasha and Malia, and how she demands that they at least look interested while listening to their dad’s speeches. Watch below.
Ciara closed last night’s broadcast with a performance of “Sorry.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Flashback - Kobe Bryant Ponders Life after Basketball: ‘I’ve Got to Find My Passion’
- Serena Williams is Half-Naked in 2016 Pirelli Calendar (Pics)
- Miami Jury Now Holds Fate of 'Facebook Killer' In Their Hands! (Disturbing Photo)
- What Does Future Require In His Concert Dressing Rooms?
- Female Characters in ‘The Wiz Live!’ Rewritten to be More Empowered
- John Hairston's Gospel Internet Radio Station Hits the Airwaves in January
- 'He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Keyshia Cole Casually Mentions She’s ‘Engaged’, and Not to Birdman
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here