*The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame has announced that Motown’s girl group The Marvelettes have been nominated for induction in 2013. The group scored Motown’s fist number one Pop hit with “Please Mr. Postman” in 1961.
They had a stream of other hits during the ‘60’s including “Playboy,” “Beechwood 45789,” “Too Many Fish In The Sea.” “Don’t Mess With Bill,” and “The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game.”
In addition, the following was announced today on the air by the ever popular DJ Mel:
TO MARVELETTES FANS: For the first time in its history, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will offer fans the opportunity to officially participate in the induction selection process. Beginning on Thursday, October 4 and continuing through December 5, the public can cast votes for who they believe to be most deserving of induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The top five artists, as selected by the public, will comprise a “fans’ ballot” that will be tallied along with the other ballots to choose the 2013 inductees. Log on to
http://rockhall.com/get-involved/interact/poll/ & Vote For The Marvelettes To Get In The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
DJ Mel added that fans can vote as many times as they like. You can catch his exciting show and hear some fabulous Marvelettes music via his website www.DJMelentertainment.com
On Monday October 8th, at 5PM EST he will be featuring singer Eddie Levert along with cohost the fabulous Rena Scott. Fans may call in on the request line at (410) 350-4497
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here