*The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame has announced that Motown’s girl group The Marvelettes have been nominated for induction in 2013. The group scored Motown’s fist number one Pop hit with “Please Mr. Postman” in 1961.
They had a stream of other hits during the ‘60’s including “Playboy,” “Beechwood 45789,” “Too Many Fish In The Sea.” “Don’t Mess With Bill,” and “The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game.”
In addition, the following was announced today on the air by the ever popular DJ Mel:
TO MARVELETTES FANS: For the first time in its history, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will offer fans the opportunity to officially participate in the induction selection process. Beginning on Thursday, October 4 and continuing through December 5, the public can cast votes for who they believe to be most deserving of induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The top five artists, as selected by the public, will comprise a “fans’ ballot” that will be tallied along with the other ballots to choose the 2013 inductees. Log on to
http://rockhall.com/get-involved/interact/poll/ & Vote For The Marvelettes To Get In The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
DJ Mel added that fans can vote as many times as they like. You can catch his exciting show and hear some fabulous Marvelettes music via his website www.DJMelentertainment.com
On Monday October 8th, at 5PM EST he will be featuring singer Eddie Levert along with cohost the fabulous Rena Scott. Fans may call in on the request line at (410) 350-4497
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here