*Washington, DC – First Lady Michelle Obama has a special message for African American women – and she’s sharing it exclusively with nationally syndicated weekly radio show “Café Mocha” this weekend, October 26-28.
Hosts MC Lyte, Loni Love and Angelique Perrin caught up with the FLOTUS for a candid exchange that touched on family, voter rights and sisterhood.
As healthcare reform takes center stage in the upcoming presidential election, the First Lady is urging women to “own their power” and understand that the ability to make decisions about their reproductive health is at serious risk.
In addition to sharing her insights regarding the positive impact of President Obama’s healthcare reform to date, the First Lady also praised the efforts of mothers nationwide – both single and married – who strive to achieve a healthy balance in juggling their family and careers.
Hear snippets of the interview:
Created by and for Women of Color, “Café Mocha” airs nationally around the country as well as on Sirius/XM HURVoices Channel 141. Visit www.cafemocharadio.com for show air times.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Overcoming Dating Burnout: How to Thrive in the Deprived Dating Scene
- Daddy & Daughter Release Book for Brooklyn, NYC Tourists
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here