*Washington, DC – First Lady Michelle Obama has a special message for African American women – and she’s sharing it exclusively with nationally syndicated weekly radio show “Café Mocha” this weekend, October 26-28.
Hosts MC Lyte, Loni Love and Angelique Perrin caught up with the FLOTUS for a candid exchange that touched on family, voter rights and sisterhood.
As healthcare reform takes center stage in the upcoming presidential election, the First Lady is urging women to “own their power” and understand that the ability to make decisions about their reproductive health is at serious risk.
In addition to sharing her insights regarding the positive impact of President Obama’s healthcare reform to date, the First Lady also praised the efforts of mothers nationwide – both single and married – who strive to achieve a healthy balance in juggling their family and careers.
Hear snippets of the interview:
Created by and for Women of Color, “Café Mocha” airs nationally around the country as well as on Sirius/XM HURVoices Channel 141. Visit www.cafemocharadio.com for show air times.
Twitter@cafemocharadio; Facebook www.facebook.com/cafemocharadio. “Café Mocha” to Go- on Demand App can be downloaded on any iPhone, Smartphone or tablet’s app store.
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Watch Killing)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here