*Washington, DC – First Lady Michelle Obama has a special message for African American women – and she’s sharing it exclusively with nationally syndicated weekly radio show “Café Mocha” this weekend, October 26-28.
Hosts MC Lyte, Loni Love and Angelique Perrin caught up with the FLOTUS for a candid exchange that touched on family, voter rights and sisterhood.
As healthcare reform takes center stage in the upcoming presidential election, the First Lady is urging women to “own their power” and understand that the ability to make decisions about their reproductive health is at serious risk.
In addition to sharing her insights regarding the positive impact of President Obama’s healthcare reform to date, the First Lady also praised the efforts of mothers nationwide – both single and married – who strive to achieve a healthy balance in juggling their family and careers.
Hear snippets of the interview:
Created by and for Women of Color, “Café Mocha” airs nationally around the country as well as on Sirius/XM HURVoices Channel 141. Visit www.cafemocharadio.com for show air times.
Twitter@cafemocharadio; Facebook www.facebook.com/cafemocharadio. “Café Mocha” to Go- on Demand App can be downloaded on any iPhone, Smartphone or tablet’s app store.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Barbershop 3' Trailer Mixes Beauty, Comedy and Gang Violence [WATCH]
- Video of Chicago Police Officer Shooting Laquan McDonald Released (WATCH)
- (Video) WATCH: New 'Zootopia' Trailer
- Patti LaBelle Wants to Work with Fetty Wap, Talks Pie Success [WATCH]
- ‘Empire’: Alicia Keys Storyline to Explore Biracial Issues (Watch)
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Patti LaBelle Invites James Wright Chanel to Thanksgiving Dinner; Admits Video Increased Sales
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here