According to Page Six, the network broadcasted an altered version of Zimmerman’s call made the night Trayvon Martin was shot and killed, making it appear as if the shooter pulled the trigger after identifying the victim was black.
On the original tape, Zimmerman responds to the dispatcher’s questions, describing Trayvon. But the edited version brings two segments of the call together.
“This guy looks like he’s up to no good or on drugs or something. He’s got his hand in his waistband. And he’s a black male,” Zimmerman is heard saying.
Now that NBC has been put on Front Street, the network is conducting an internal investigation and by now, three employees have been fired. A veteran producer was to blame for the clip, but the news executives had no clue the call was altered.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR Exclusive 'Hit the Floor Clip: Funny/Sexy Tension in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- New 'Ghostbusters' Character Images Revealed
- Kerry Washington Talks Pressures Black Women Face
- Cam Newton Stars in New Beats by Dre Ad Featuring Future (WATCH)
- Bronx is Latest Location for NYC 'Subway Slasher' (Lone Suspect is Red Haired Brotha')
- L.A. Reid Confesses to Wendy He Failed Whitney Houston (WATCH)
- NFL Great Jerry Rice is Driving for Lyft in San Francisco (WATCH)
- Stacey Dash Responds to Anthony Anderson Slamming Her at Image Awards
- Saturday Bets Evens Action Between Broncos and Panthers in 'Vegas
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here