According to Page Six, the network broadcasted an altered version of Zimmerman’s call made the night Trayvon Martin was shot and killed, making it appear as if the shooter pulled the trigger after identifying the victim was black.
On the original tape, Zimmerman responds to the dispatcher’s questions, describing Trayvon. But the edited version brings two segments of the call together.
“This guy looks like he’s up to no good or on drugs or something. He’s got his hand in his waistband. And he’s a black male,” Zimmerman is heard saying.
Now that NBC has been put on Front Street, the network is conducting an internal investigation and by now, three employees have been fired. A veteran producer was to blame for the clip, but the news executives had no clue the call was altered.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here