According to Page Six, the network broadcasted an altered version of Zimmerman’s call made the night Trayvon Martin was shot and killed, making it appear as if the shooter pulled the trigger after identifying the victim was black.
On the original tape, Zimmerman responds to the dispatcher’s questions, describing Trayvon. But the edited version brings two segments of the call together.
“This guy looks like he’s up to no good or on drugs or something. He’s got his hand in his waistband. And he’s a black male,” Zimmerman is heard saying.
Now that NBC has been put on Front Street, the network is conducting an internal investigation and by now, three employees have been fired. A veteran producer was to blame for the clip, but the news executives had no clue the call was altered.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- T.I. New York City Concert Shooting: 1 Dead, 3 Wounded
- Generation Rent: How Young Families are Adapting to Apartment Living
- THE (05-26-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here