According to Page Six, the network broadcasted an altered version of Zimmerman’s call made the night Trayvon Martin was shot and killed, making it appear as if the shooter pulled the trigger after identifying the victim was black.
On the original tape, Zimmerman responds to the dispatcher’s questions, describing Trayvon. But the edited version brings two segments of the call together.
“This guy looks like he’s up to no good or on drugs or something. He’s got his hand in his waistband. And he’s a black male,” Zimmerman is heard saying.
Now that NBC has been put on Front Street, the network is conducting an internal investigation and by now, three employees have been fired. A veteran producer was to blame for the clip, but the news executives had no clue the call was altered.
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Celebrities React to Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Ice-T and Coco Are Gonna Have A Baby!
- Report: Joe Jackson Suffers Stroke/Blindness in Brazil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here