According to Page Six, the network broadcasted an altered version of Zimmerman’s call made the night Trayvon Martin was shot and killed, making it appear as if the shooter pulled the trigger after identifying the victim was black.
On the original tape, Zimmerman responds to the dispatcher’s questions, describing Trayvon. But the edited version brings two segments of the call together.
“This guy looks like he’s up to no good or on drugs or something. He’s got his hand in his waistband. And he’s a black male,” Zimmerman is heard saying.
Now that NBC has been put on Front Street, the network is conducting an internal investigation and by now, three employees have been fired. A veteran producer was to blame for the clip, but the news executives had no clue the call was altered.
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Prosecutors to Seek Death Penalty for Charleston Church Shooter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here