*The Spike Lee-directed documentary “BAD25,” which takes viewers through the making of Michael Jackson’s 1987 album “Bad” and recently debuted at the Venice and Toronto film festivals, will get a one-week theatrical run in Los Angeles and New York beginning Oct. 19.
After the theater run, “BAD25” will air on ABC on Thanksgiving night (Nov. 22).
Lee uses rare footage along with the recollections of Jackson’s collaborators and confidants to tell the story of the album. Among them: Martin Scorsese who directed the 18-minute short film for the single “Bad,” and Mariah Carey.
Said John Branca and John McClain, co-executors of The Estate of Michael Jackson, in a statement: “Spike was the only choice for us when we decided to open up the archives and make this documentary. He has done a masterful job taking the audience behind the scenes and revealing how this ‘coming of age’ project was created.”
See BAD25 screening information below:
- New York: Oct. 19 to 26 at AMC Loews Theater; 66 Third Ave.
- Los Angeles: Oct. 26 to Nov. 2 at Chinese 6 Theaters; 6801 Hollywood Blvd.
The doc is one of several projects timed to the 25th anniversary of “Bad.” They include a deluxe package of remastered music along with a second disc of 13 rare and previously unreleased bonus tracks, as well as the first ever DVD and live CD from the Bad world tour (shot and recorded on July 16, 1988 at Wembley stadium).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here