*In the third and final (presidential) debate before the election on November 6, President Obama pretty much took Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney to school as far as foreign policy is concerned.
Heck, by the time it was over, Romney reversed himself on his previous positions and, incredibly, pretty much parroted every Obama position dealing with foreign policy.
In fact, as of the time of this posting, all the major polls give the debate solidly to President Obama.
President Barack Obama portrayed rival Gov. Mitt Romney as “all over the map” and inexperienced on key national security issues in the third and final debate of the presidential election Monday night in Boca Raton, Fla. Each candidate attempted to paint the other as an untrustworthy commander in chief, but Romney’s performance was less aggressive than Obama’s, and the governor was often on defense in the 90-minute exchange.
“I know you haven’t been in a position to actually execute foreign policy—but every time you’ve offered an opinion, you’ve been wrong,” Obama said, referencing Romney’s initial support for the Iraq war.
The president in general was harshly critical of Romney, and landed a few well-placed zingers. “The Cold War’s been over for 20 years,” he said in response to Romney’s comment from several months ago that Russia is America’s primary geopolitical foe.
He later said, “Well, Governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets,” in response to Romney’s criticism that America has fewer Navy ships than in the past. “We have these things called aircraft carriers, where planes land on them. We have these ships that go underwater, nuclear submarines,” the president added, a touch of mockery entering his voice.
Read/learn more at Yahoo’s The Ticket.
Scroll down to leave your comments on President Obama and Mitt Romney’s performances.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Kim Zolciak Returning to ‘DWTS’ for the Nov. Finale
- Cassi Davis, Stephen Bishop to Host NAASC Scholarship Brunch
- Janet Jackson, Husband Spotted at Paris Fashion Week
- Rihanna Talks Casual Sex, Rachel Dolezal, Wanting to Change Chris Brown
- Health: You Could Possibly Have A Hidden Illness if Any of These Symptoms Show Up
- 27 Bill Cosby Accusers Set for NBC ‘Dateline’ Special (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Taps Husband Vince for Emotional 'DWTS' Routine (Watch)
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here