*For Oprah Winfrey’s November issue of O, The Oprah Magazine, out Oct. 9, the TV titan sat down with President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle to talk about their 20 years of marriage.
“When you’re under all of these pressures, to come home every single night … and have Michelle and the girls there … they are my balance and keep me grounded, and that’s truer now than it’s ever been,” the President tells Winfrey.
Michelle adds, they also try not to sweat the small stuff.
“I might want to talk to him about an issue I have with what he said the other day, but you know what, it’s not really that important,” she says. “I’m stockpiling a list of issues that I’d like to discuss with him in 2016 though.”
Sometimes those issues are as simple as chores, something even the President does for his wife. “Shoveling snow,” he tells O is his assignment. “You try chipping some ice off some windshields when it’s five below at six in the morning.”
President Obama is spending a large part of his anniversary today gearing up for tonight’s first presidential debate, but he found time to acknowledge the important milestone in his marriage.
“Twenty years ago today, I married the love of my life and my best friend. Happy anniversary, Michelle,” Obama Tweeted.
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- James Bond Author Now ‘Sorry’ for Calling Idris Elba ‘Too Street’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here