*For Oprah Winfrey’s November issue of O, The Oprah Magazine, out Oct. 9, the TV titan sat down with President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle to talk about their 20 years of marriage.
“When you’re under all of these pressures, to come home every single night … and have Michelle and the girls there … they are my balance and keep me grounded, and that’s truer now than it’s ever been,” the President tells Winfrey.
Michelle adds, they also try not to sweat the small stuff.
“I might want to talk to him about an issue I have with what he said the other day, but you know what, it’s not really that important,” she says. “I’m stockpiling a list of issues that I’d like to discuss with him in 2016 though.”
Sometimes those issues are as simple as chores, something even the President does for his wife. “Shoveling snow,” he tells O is his assignment. “You try chipping some ice off some windshields when it’s five below at six in the morning.”
President Obama is spending a large part of his anniversary today gearing up for tonight’s first presidential debate, but he found time to acknowledge the important milestone in his marriage.
“Twenty years ago today, I married the love of my life and my best friend. Happy anniversary, Michelle,” Obama Tweeted.
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here