The shooting took place at the church presided over by Dr. Creflo Dollar just south of Atlanta.
Fulton County Police Cpl. Kay Lester told The Associated Press that the suspect got away in a vehicle and was still at large after the Wednesday morning shooting at World Changers Church International in College Park.
Lester tells the AP that the wounded person was being taken to a hospital in critical condition, but died later.
World Changers Church International is one of the nation’s largest, and its website states that it serves nearly 30,000 members. The church is led by the Rev. Creflo Dollar, its founder and senior pastor. There was no indication that he was injured.
The church holds services Wednesday at 10 a.m. in its chapel.
- Bobbi Kristina's Body Released for Burial
- Rashida Jones Dropped Robin Thicke for Al B. Sure in Junior High
- TV Land’s ‘Soul Man’ Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
- Nick Gordon Has ‘Suffered Greatly’ Over Bobbi Kristina, Says His Mom
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here