*Now ain’t this somethin’. Here you are running your errands. Just going through another day; and all of a sudden that all too familiar beep or buzz alerts you. You’ve got a text.
Now you might be in the middle of something real important, and this sound has actually shown itself to be more of a disturbance than anything else. You’re wondering if its your cousin Bobby, asking to borrow a few bucks (he can wait!). Maybe Prudence is finally getting back to you (you already got the answer you needed from her two hours ago!). Finally, tired of wondering who it might be, you stop what you’re doing and check the phone.
Uh uh. No way. OPRAH?
That scenario, as crazy as it sounds, may not be too far off from what filmmaker Ava DuVernay felt when Oprah, the Queen of all media, tweeted to congratulate her on her new movie, “Middle of Nowhere” on Monday. The message read:
“@Oprah: . @AVAETC saw your movie @MIddleNowhere. Excellent job especially with no money. Bravo to you my sistah.”
As it turns out, Lady O had just seen the movie and was so proud of Ms. DuVernay, who is the first black woman to win Best Director at the Sundance Film Festival.
But wait, there’s more: Oprah, who was so beside herself that this talented and resourceful filmmaker had actually made this film with hardly no budget (a mere $200K) tweeted AGAIN later that evening. This time, to her 14 million followers.
Can you say, ‘Sistah, you are IN?” If ever there was an invitation screaming to “@AVA from @Oprah saying, ‘call me if you need ANYthing'” this is it! Woo Hoo! Congratulations to Ava DuVernay. Now let’s go out and support the film, “Middle of Nowhere.” Thanks for the tip, Oprah.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Glam-Horror 'The Neon Demon' is a 'Celebration of Narcissism'
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here