According to The Wrap, July to September has been the most promising quarter since the network’s inception. And with new programming, including Tyler Perry’s original shows, OWN ratings will likely grow.
“We’ve been in the pivot, we’re turning, and there’s a lot of points of view about where in the turn you are,” OWN co-president Erik Logan told TheWrap. “We certainly welcome the conversation about, ‘Are you in the beginning part of the turn? Are you out of the turn?’ I think that’s a much better place to be than we were twelve months ago.”
Just six months ago, the network was on its way down the toilet, losing advertisement revenue, laying off several employees, and ratings were slumping.
There’s more work to be done, despite the good reports, but network officials are seeing a positive future for OWN.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Kobe to Receive 'Legend' Award, Gilbert Arneas Trolls Nick Young
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here