According to The Wrap, July to September has been the most promising quarter since the network’s inception. And with new programming, including Tyler Perry’s original shows, OWN ratings will likely grow.
“We’ve been in the pivot, we’re turning, and there’s a lot of points of view about where in the turn you are,” OWN co-president Erik Logan told TheWrap. “We certainly welcome the conversation about, ‘Are you in the beginning part of the turn? Are you out of the turn?’ I think that’s a much better place to be than we were twelve months ago.”
Just six months ago, the network was on its way down the toilet, losing advertisement revenue, laying off several employees, and ratings were slumping.
There’s more work to be done, despite the good reports, but network officials are seeing a positive future for OWN.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here