*No doubt LeBron James has endorsed many a product, but we can assume without question, heroin is not one of them; and the Philadelphia drug dealer selling packets of the stuff labeled “LEBRON JAMES” recently got the memo.
The Philadelphia Daily news reports the Upper Darby police busted a major heroin dealer from Philadelphia on Thursday; who had 140 packets of the deadly drug – all of which were stamped with the silhouette of a basketball player and the name “LeBron James.”
“I don’t think LeBron James would be too happy with this drug-dealer dude using his name on these street bags,” said Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood.
Chitwood said that drug dealers stamp every bag of heroin with a name, but it’s usually one like Hellen or Hazel or words like horse or brown sugar. Police said that an undercover Upper Darby officer made a buy from Marlon Guess, 19, of Philadelphia, on Beverly Boulevard near Luckens Avenue, in Upper Darby, about 6 p.m. Thursday. The undercover officer paid Guess $750 for 140 bags of LeBron, Chitwood said.
Once the officers moved in for the bust, the dealer, who was driving a rental car sped off, but was captured later. Police called him a real “wise-ass” after he told officers.
“Man, I know the drill. I ain’t talking. I’ll be out on bail tomorrow morning.”
Chitwood said, “Well, he got whacked with a $250,000 cash bail, so he’s not getting out too soon.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR Goes Behind the Scenes of 'Law & Order: SVU' (Watch)
- Stephon Marbury Blasts MJ for ‘Kids Getting Killed’ Over Air Jordans
- Toddler Chokes to Death After Mother Dies While Feeding Him (Video)
- Damon Dash & Curren$y End $3M Legal Battle with Settlement
- Michael Moore on Hollywood’s Lack of Diversity: ‘A Form of Apartheid’
- New California Law Requires 'Perceived Ethnicity' Documentation by Police
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson's Explosive Expose on How the NRA Terrorizes Congress
- The Film Strip: Hugh Jackman and Garrett Hedlund in 'PAN' playland
- Watch: The 'Steve Jobs' Trailer
- THE (10-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here