*No doubt LeBron James has endorsed many a product, but we can assume without question, heroin is not one of them; and the Philadelphia drug dealer selling packets of the stuff labeled “LEBRON JAMES” recently got the memo.
The Philadelphia Daily news reports the Upper Darby police busted a major heroin dealer from Philadelphia on Thursday; who had 140 packets of the deadly drug – all of which were stamped with the silhouette of a basketball player and the name “LeBron James.”
“I don’t think LeBron James would be too happy with this drug-dealer dude using his name on these street bags,” said Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood.
Chitwood said that drug dealers stamp every bag of heroin with a name, but it’s usually one like Hellen or Hazel or words like horse or brown sugar. Police said that an undercover Upper Darby officer made a buy from Marlon Guess, 19, of Philadelphia, on Beverly Boulevard near Luckens Avenue, in Upper Darby, about 6 p.m. Thursday. The undercover officer paid Guess $750 for 140 bags of LeBron, Chitwood said.
Once the officers moved in for the bust, the dealer, who was driving a rental car sped off, but was captured later. Police called him a real “wise-ass” after he told officers.
“Man, I know the drill. I ain’t talking. I’ll be out on bail tomorrow morning.”
Chitwood said, “Well, he got whacked with a $250,000 cash bail, so he’s not getting out too soon.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to his Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here