Learn how to develop a pitch that gets attention from industry execs at this year’s PITCHATHON, Presented by Mozell Entertainment Group at the Hollywood Black Film Festival (October 25-28).
A panel of seasoned writers, producers and executives discuss how to craft a compelling pitch in 30-60 seconds, how to excite and entice your listener in order to get them to want to read your script, and more.
Reserve your spot to pitch your project and receive feedback from the panel on how to make the pitch more sellable. Separate PITCHATHON REGISTRATION required to pitch. Festival attendees are welcome to come and watch for free. LIMITED to 20 PITCHES. $30 Pitch Fee.
The Winner of the Pitchathon receives the following:
-will present a private reading of the script at 1010 Wilshire Blvd. in front of a host of celebrity and high level guests (but it has to be cast by the writer).
-MOZELL ENTERTAINMENT GROUP will give the writer $250 to help produce the reading.
-The reading will take place before December 1, 2012.
Also, who’s ready for the …
Monologue Slam with casting director Twinkie Byrd & Friends
Who’s ready to flex their acting muscles before one of Hollywood’s hottest casting directors?
Free registration is open at one of HBFF’s most popular events, the MONOLOGUE SLAM with TWINKIE BYRD & FRIENDS. http://hbffmonologueslam.eventbrite.com/.
Come watch actors show off their acting skills by performing a 1-minute monologue of their choice in front of a panel of celebrity judges and LA’s entertainment industry. The panel will offer feedback to the actor and give them notes on improving their audition. Led by Celebrity Casting Director, Tracy “Twinkie” Byrd of In the Twink of an Eye Casting (Sparkle, Jumping the Broom, Notorious).
A separate Monologue Slam registration is required to audition. You can register to audition at https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07e6eop4dd45fb7325&oseq=.
For more info visit www.hbff.org.
Hollywood Black Film Festival
8306 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 2057, Beverly Hills, CA 90211, USA
- Of 10,000 Facebook Employees Only 1% Black - None Are Execs
- NFL Players' Crazy Answers Make for Hilarious 'Family Feud' (WATCH)
- Transgender Heckler Tells why She Interrupted Pres. Obama
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here