*WE tv and Fox have announced the season premiere dates for their respective reality shows “Mary Mary” and “American Idol.”
Season 2 of “Mary Mary,” featuring Erica and Tina Campbell of the Grammy award-winning gospel duo, will premiere on Thursday, Dec. 6 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. [Watch a sneak peek below.]
This season, the sisters are busy promoting their new album “Go Get It” and capping their tour dates by receiving a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Essence Music Festival. The duo has also enlisted Laurieann “Boomkat” Gibson as creative director to help bring their live show to the next level.
On the homefront, Tina is expecting her fifth child, and determined to fulfill all of her work obligations until she gives birth. With Tina eventually at home with her newborn, Erica strikes out solo as a judge and headline performer at Verizon’s “How Sweet The Sound” concert. When the pressures of balancing work and home life become insurmountable, will one sister have to make a difficult decision that jeopardizes the future of Mary Mary?
Meanwhile, “Idol,” featuring new judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban joining Randy Jackson and host Ryan Seacrest, will begin its 12th season with a two-night premiere on Wednesday, Jan. 16 (8-10 p.m./ET) and Thursday, Jan. 17 (8-9 p.m./ET).
In the premiere episode of “Mary Mary,” Erica and Tina are preparing for back-to-back concerts and appearances to promote “Go Get It,” booked by their manager Mitchell Solarek. Erica rises to the challenge of nonstop touring and occasionally brings along hubby Warryn and newborn Zaya for the ride. On the other hand, Teddy is concerned about his wife Tina—who’s in her third trimester—as she puts more strain on her pregnancy with constant touring.
Behind the scenes, trouble continues between sister/celebrity stylist Goo Goo and Mitchell when a last minute wardrobe malfunction threatens an important performance on a popular gospel show. Adding to Goo Goo’s stress, she’s been tasked with planning her sister Alana’s wedding all while trying to keep things afloat with long-distance boyfriend Justin.
Watch a sneak peek of the season below. [New episodes will air in its regular time slot Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT, beginning Dec. 13.]
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Researchers: NFL and 'Police Academy' Star Bubba Smith Had CTE When He Died
- Paris Jackson Inks Dad’s ‘Dangerous’ Album Cover on her Arm
- NBA Taps ‘Champion’ From The Roots as 2016 Finals Theme Song (Listen)
- Wow! 67-Year-Old Former Harlem Drug Dealer Graduates from Columbia (Watch)!
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- The Socialist's Journal: Blake Lively
- Dr. Kenneth C. Ulmer and David Sigel Announce TUI
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here