*Hard at work on the campaign trail, President Barack Obama has done yet another interview with an urban radio station and made headlines over an answer to a pop culture question – this time regarding his good friends Jay-Z and Beyonce.
In a wide-ranging interview with Cleveland’s z107.9, the president was asked by the DJ what he and Jay-Z talk about. President Obama said he gives the rapper a bit of advice on the parenting front.
“I made sure that Jay-Z was helping Beyonce out [with the baby],” he said. “And not leaving it all with mom and the mother-in-law.” [Click here to listen to the interview.]
In recent weeks, the star couple hosted a New York fundraiser at Jay-Z’s 40/40 Club and the mogul appeared in a new campaign video. In the new ad, Jay describes the president as a vital symbol of hope. The rapper’s dialogue is intercut with footage from the Made In America festival, where the president introduced Jay via a video and said the rapper and businessman is a prime example of the American dream. [Watch below.]
“I’ve gotten to know these guys over the first several years,” Obama said on z107.9. “They’re good people. They’re down to earth. Beyonce could not be sweeter to Michelle and the girls. So they’re good friends. They really are down-to-earth folks. We talk about the same things I talk about with all my friends.” Click here to listen.
The president also said he prefers Jay-Z’s “My First Song” over “99 Problems,” because the former track reminds him “to always stay hungry.” Listen below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- HUD to Sue Landlords if They Deny Housing Over Criminal Records
- Wendy Williams, Steve Harvey, 'The Real' Score Emmy Nominations
- Fetty Wap Sends 'Wake Up' Message to Graduates
- John Wayne's Racist Comments Kill Official Recognition in California Assembly
- Dr. Phil Talks Prince, Nick Gordon & Prescription Drug Epidemic (WATCH)
- THE (04-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Prince Family Money Fight! Sister Tyka Storms Out of Meeting
- Six Year Old Starved by Parents Forced to Eat Hot Dog Smoothies (Video)
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here