*Hard at work on the campaign trail, President Barack Obama has done yet another interview with an urban radio station and made headlines over an answer to a pop culture question – this time regarding his good friends Jay-Z and Beyonce.
In a wide-ranging interview with Cleveland’s z107.9, the president was asked by the DJ what he and Jay-Z talk about. President Obama said he gives the rapper a bit of advice on the parenting front.
“I made sure that Jay-Z was helping Beyonce out [with the baby],” he said. “And not leaving it all with mom and the mother-in-law.” [Click here to listen to the interview.]
In recent weeks, the star couple hosted a New York fundraiser at Jay-Z’s 40/40 Club and the mogul appeared in a new campaign video. In the new ad, Jay describes the president as a vital symbol of hope. The rapper’s dialogue is intercut with footage from the Made In America festival, where the president introduced Jay via a video and said the rapper and businessman is a prime example of the American dream. [Watch below.]
“I’ve gotten to know these guys over the first several years,” Obama said on z107.9. “They’re good people. They’re down to earth. Beyonce could not be sweeter to Michelle and the girls. So they’re good friends. They really are down-to-earth folks. We talk about the same things I talk about with all my friends.” Click here to listen.
The president also said he prefers Jay-Z’s “My First Song” over “99 Problems,” because the former track reminds him “to always stay hungry.” Listen below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Minor League Baseball Team to Honor Prince in Special 'Purple Game, Purple Game'
- Taraji P. Henson Among Honorees at Women in Film’s Crystal + Lucy Awards
- Dwayne Johnson to Play Action Hero Lead in ‘Doc Savage’
- Pres. Obama Edited to Sing Rihanna’s ‘Work’ (Watch)
- Rapper Troy Ave Pleads Not Guilty in T.I. Concert Shooting
- Jack Hanna Agrees '1,000 Percent' with Killing of Gorilla Harambe (Watch)
- Prince Sets Billboard 200 Record More Than a Month After Death
- Damon Dash’s Son "Boogie" Arrested for DUI
- The Socialist's Journal/ The Prodigy: Esther Okade Taking College Courses at 11?!
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): PRINCE IN CINEMA - Remembered by the AAFCA
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here