*Hard at work on the campaign trail, President Barack Obama has done yet another interview with an urban radio station and made headlines over an answer to a pop culture question – this time regarding his good friends Jay-Z and Beyonce.
In a wide-ranging interview with Cleveland’s z107.9, the president was asked by the DJ what he and Jay-Z talk about. President Obama said he gives the rapper a bit of advice on the parenting front.
“I made sure that Jay-Z was helping Beyonce out [with the baby],” he said. “And not leaving it all with mom and the mother-in-law.” [Click here to listen to the interview.]
In recent weeks, the star couple hosted a New York fundraiser at Jay-Z’s 40/40 Club and the mogul appeared in a new campaign video. In the new ad, Jay describes the president as a vital symbol of hope. The rapper’s dialogue is intercut with footage from the Made In America festival, where the president introduced Jay via a video and said the rapper and businessman is a prime example of the American dream. [Watch below.]
“I’ve gotten to know these guys over the first several years,” Obama said on z107.9. “They’re good people. They’re down to earth. Beyonce could not be sweeter to Michelle and the girls. So they’re good friends. They really are down-to-earth folks. We talk about the same things I talk about with all my friends.” Click here to listen.
The president also said he prefers Jay-Z’s “My First Song” over “99 Problems,” because the former track reminds him “to always stay hungry.” Listen below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here