*During his celeb-filled “30 Days to Victory Concert” fundraiser in Los Angeles on Sunday, President Barack Obama poked fun at his listless debate performance last week against Mitt Romney.
“Everybody here is incredible professionals, they’re such great friends and they just perform flawlessly night after night. I can’t always say the same,” Obama said, drawing laughter and cheers from a crowd that included George Clooney, Jon Bon Jovi, Earth Wind and Fire, Stevie Wonder, Katy Perry, and Jennifer Hudson.
Looking back at 2008, Obama said, “everybody always remembers the victory, but they don’t always remember the bumps in the road.” “Things always look good in retrospect. But in the middle of it we made all kinds of mistakes. We goofed up. I goofed up. But the American people carried us forward,” he said.
About 6,000 people were on hand for the concert, and general admission tickets started at $250, according to Reuters.
Before the concert, Obama’s motorcade ran a gauntlet of gawkers and smartphone-camera wielders on the Avenue of the Stars, Wilshire Boulevard, and Sunset Boulevard, on the way to Hollywood power-player Jeffrey Katzenberg’s home on Loma Vista Drive for a second, private fundraiser. Twelve high-dollar donors — they’ve maxed out in the 2012 campaign — were on hand to get a remarkable chance to talk to Obama and former president Bill Clinton behind closed doors.
As previously reported, the Obama campaign announced on Saturday that the president and the Democrats raised $181 million in September, his richest haul of the 2012 cycle but shy of the $193 million they raised in September 2008.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Malcolm Jamal Warner: ‘Cosby Show’ Legacy ‘Tarnished’ by Bill Cosby (Watch)
- Raven Symone Says She Wouldn't Hire Someone With Ethnic Sounding Name; #BlackTwitter Pounces
- What Happened to US Government Employee Kanika Powell?
- Danny Glover Joins Gabrielle Union's ‘A Meyer’s Christmas’; Ernie Hudson Added to ‘Graves’
- Detroit Woman’s ‘Dead Body on Lawn’ Halloween Prank Draws 911 Calls
- New Radio Station: ItzYourzRadioLive.com Now Broadcasting
- You Could Break the Bank Going to 'The Happiest Place On Earth!'
- Walter Scott’s Family Gets $6.5M in Settlement With N. Charleston (Watch)
- ‘Star Wars’ Actor John Boyega to Racist Fans: ‘I’m In the Movie, What Are You Gonna Do About It?’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here