*During his celeb-filled “30 Days to Victory Concert” fundraiser in Los Angeles on Sunday, President Barack Obama poked fun at his listless debate performance last week against Mitt Romney.
“Everybody here is incredible professionals, they’re such great friends and they just perform flawlessly night after night. I can’t always say the same,” Obama said, drawing laughter and cheers from a crowd that included George Clooney, Jon Bon Jovi, Earth Wind and Fire, Stevie Wonder, Katy Perry, and Jennifer Hudson.
Looking back at 2008, Obama said, “everybody always remembers the victory, but they don’t always remember the bumps in the road.” “Things always look good in retrospect. But in the middle of it we made all kinds of mistakes. We goofed up. I goofed up. But the American people carried us forward,” he said.
About 6,000 people were on hand for the concert, and general admission tickets started at $250, according to Reuters.
Before the concert, Obama’s motorcade ran a gauntlet of gawkers and smartphone-camera wielders on the Avenue of the Stars, Wilshire Boulevard, and Sunset Boulevard, on the way to Hollywood power-player Jeffrey Katzenberg’s home on Loma Vista Drive for a second, private fundraiser. Twelve high-dollar donors — they’ve maxed out in the 2012 campaign — were on hand to get a remarkable chance to talk to Obama and former president Bill Clinton behind closed doors.
As previously reported, the Obama campaign announced on Saturday that the president and the Democrats raised $181 million in September, his richest haul of the 2012 cycle but shy of the $193 million they raised in September 2008.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here