*As you no doubt already know, if you’re a Baltimore Ravens and Ray Lewis fan, the future Hall of Fame linebacker’s season is done after experiencing a torn right triceps in Sunday’s game against the Dallas Cowboys.
But what really may be even more distressing news is that the injury looms as a possible career-ender, so to speak, for Lewis. And needless to say, it could also adversely affect the team’s season as well.
The Ravens’ season, too, hinges upon how the team responds to the loss of Lewis and cornerback Lardarius Webb, who tore his left anterior cruciate ligament in Sunday’s victory over the Dallas Cowboys.
Coach John Harbaugh announced the findings of Monday’s MRIs at team headquarters. He said he had not spoken with Lewis since hearing the news and would not say if he believed the 37-year old, 13-time Pro Bowl player would retire rather than return next season.
“That’s for Ray to speak on,” Harbaugh said. “I admire Ray Lewis. I’ve said that many times. I think anybody that knows him feels that way. I’ll be looking forward to see what he says about that.”
Read/learn more at Detroit Free Press.
Watch this AP/ESPN video report about the situation:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Faith Evans, Eric Benet, Aloe Blacc Added to Prince Tribute in L.A.
- Adele Stops Her Concert to Praise Beyonce; Calls Her ‘Jesus F***ing Christ’ (Watch)
- Why You Suddenly Heard Prince Music on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Scandal’
- 7-Year-Old Girl Wins Handwriting Competition With No Hands
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian Confirm Pregnancy with Baby Bump Emoji
- Elise Neal, Eriq LaSalle Join Hugh Jackman in ‘Wolverine 3’
- La La Anthony, Monica Calhoun, Yvette Nicole Brown Join BET’s 'New Edition: The Movie'
- DJ Kool Herc Sues HBO’s ‘Vinyl’ for Using His Identity
- Stacii Jae Johnson Writes the Book on Dating Lots of Men
- Former ‘American Idol’ Finalist Rickey Smith Killed in Car Accident
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here