*Updating our earlier story that R&B singer Natina Reed from the group Blaque, was killed by a hit-and-run driver, Atlanta area police are now saying that’s not the case.
“As of right now, it does not appear that the driver has any fault in this event,” said Gwinnett County police spokesman Sgt. Rich Long, who added that it was the driver who contacted police about the accident.
The driver, who was not immediately identified, was not expected to be charged, Long said.
Initial unconfirmed reports on MTV.com and Vibe.com and in multiple Twitter postings said Reed, a 32-year-old protégé of the late TLC singer Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes, was struck while crossing a street in a hit-and-run accident. She would have celebrated her 33rd birthday Sunday.
After the initial reports, Long told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that he couldn’t confirm the identity of the victim at the time but said police received a call around 10:30 p.m. Friday that a woman had been struck by a red Honda Accord on Lawrenceville Highway (U.S. 29) near Hamilton Road, just north of Lilburn.
Long said investigators were still trying to determine why Reed was in the roadway and whether she was crossing or walking alongside it. The spokesman said CPR was performed at the scene and Reed was taken to Gwinnett Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead at 10:59 p.m.
Read/learn more at AJC.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-25-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- GS Warriors Make NBA History with 16-0 Season Start (WATCH)
- Marcus D. Spencer (Big Spence) Finds Role in 'Fair Chase'
- 'Barbershop 3' Trailer Mixes Beauty, Comedy and Gang Violence [WATCH]
- Video of Chicago Police Officer Shooting Laquan McDonald Released (WATCH)
- (Video) WATCH: New 'Zootopia' Trailer
- Patti LaBelle Wants to Work with Fetty Wap, Talks Pie Success [WATCH]
- ‘Empire’: Alicia Keys Storyline to Explore Biracial Issues (Watch)
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here