*We all know those “energy drainers,” says the Christian Post. They are the people that seem to have a perpetual cloud hanging over their heads.
They have the keen ability to turn good news into bad news. Yes, they are the kind of people you avoid asking, “How are you?” for fear they will give you an answer. Some are critics. Some are simply just negative people.
Brain Studies and Negative People
Minda Zatlin reports in Inc. Magazine that new research in neuroscience demonstrates how negative and critical people affect us. She notes that “being exposed to too much complaining can actually make you dumb. Research shows that exposure to 30-minutes or more of negativity – including viewing such material on TV – actually peels away neurons in the brain’s hippocampus. That’s the part of your brain you need for problem solving.”
So what is the result of exposure to negative and critical people? “Basically it turns your brain to mush,” the article notes. It has the same effect even if you are passively listening to them
Read more at the Christian Post.
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here