*An official campaign video that compares voting for President Barack Obama to a girl losing her virginity has provoked an angry reaction from conservatives. [Scroll down to watch.]
Recorded by the actress and writer Lena Dunham, star of the HBO breakout hit “Girls,” the tongue-in-cheek online ad begins: “Your first time shouldn’t be with just anybody. You want to do it with a great guy.”
She says the special occasion “should be with someone who really cares about and understands women; a guy who cares whether you get health insurance and specifically whether you get birth control.”
Towards the end, the metaphor becomes even clearer: “My first time voting was amazing. There’s a line in the sand. Before I was a girl, now I was a woman. I went to the polling station, I pulled back the curtain. I voted for Barack Obama.”
Conservative commentators pounced. Fox News analyst and conservative author Monica Crowley calls the ad “sick” and “degrading.”
Blogger John Nolte of Breitbart News asks: “How could a president with two young, blossoming daughters release an ad as disgusting as this?”
RedState editor-in-chief and CNN contributor Erick Erickson wrote: “If you need any further proof we live in a fallen world destined for hell fire, consider the number of people who have no problem with the President of the United States, via a campaign ad, ridiculing virgins and comparing sex to voting.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Police Erased Video of CLaquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here