*Rihanna has just been announced as Billboard’s Top Pop Artist of the last 20 years, a title based solely on her “Pop Songs” chart performance.
The singer’s achievements on the chart include 34 total appearances – with 21 top ten hits and nine number one songs – all since the pop songs chart began on Oct. 3, 1992.
The top ten was dominated by solo women singers, with Usher the only male, and Black Eyed Peas the only group.
Pink is in second place, followed by Britney Spears, Kelly Clarkson and Mariah Carey.
Rounding out the top ten were Usher in seventh, followed by Black Eyed Peas, Janet Jackson and Madonna.
View the entire list BiIlboard Top Pop Songs Artists 1992-2012, top 20:
3. Britney Spears
4. Kelly Clarkson
5. Mariah Carey
6. Katy Perry
8. Black Eyed Peas
9. Janet Jackson
11. Lady Gaga
12. Christina Aguilera
13. Justin Timberlake
15. Matchbox 20
17. Backstreet Boys
18. Jennifer Lopez
19. Maroon 5
20. Avril Lavigne
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here