*Embedded in ABC’s new country music-dipped drama “Nashville” is a political story line about as intense as the current 2012 presidential campaign.
The series, premiering Wednesday, Oct. 10 at 10 p.m., focuses primarily on the rivalry between an ambitious young crossover artist played by Hayden Panettiere and the country music icon she’s trying to dethrone, played by Connie Britton.
But also in the mix is actor Robert Wisdom as Coleman Carlisle, a city councilman running for the mayor of Nashville, and an old family friend of Britton’s character Rayna James and her estranged father Lamar Wyatt, a cut-throat business tycoon played by Powers Boothe.
Wyatt “has a huge parcel of land that is actually a prime empty lot in Nashville that he wants to develop into a Major League Baseball stadium, complex, whatever,” explains the show’s creator and executive producer Callie Khouri. “Coleman Carlisle, has been his protégé and a family friend for many years and is on Metro Council and decided, when this was coming up for a vote as to whether or not the permits were going to be allowed, he voted no.
“At that point Lamar dropped him from his protégé position and went to Teddy (Eric Close), Rayna’s husband, and drafted him to be the person who would do his bidding. So it starts there and just gets nastier and nastier.”
Scroll down to watch a promo of “Nashville.” Below, Wisdom, a native of Washington DC, tells us what he thinks about filming on location in the capital of country music.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here