*Embedded in ABC’s new country music-dipped drama “Nashville” is a political story line about as intense as the current 2012 presidential campaign.
The series, premiering Wednesday, Oct. 10 at 10 p.m., focuses primarily on the rivalry between an ambitious young crossover artist played by Hayden Panettiere and the country music icon she’s trying to dethrone, played by Connie Britton.
But also in the mix is actor Robert Wisdom as Coleman Carlisle, a city councilman running for the mayor of Nashville, and an old family friend of Britton’s character Rayna James and her estranged father Lamar Wyatt, a cut-throat business tycoon played by Powers Boothe.
Wyatt “has a huge parcel of land that is actually a prime empty lot in Nashville that he wants to develop into a Major League Baseball stadium, complex, whatever,” explains the show’s creator and executive producer Callie Khouri. “Coleman Carlisle, has been his protégé and a family friend for many years and is on Metro Council and decided, when this was coming up for a vote as to whether or not the permits were going to be allowed, he voted no.
“At that point Lamar dropped him from his protégé position and went to Teddy (Eric Close), Rayna’s husband, and drafted him to be the person who would do his bidding. So it starts there and just gets nastier and nastier.”
Scroll down to watch a promo of “Nashville.” Below, Wisdom, a native of Washington DC, tells us what he thinks about filming on location in the capital of country music.
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here