Robin Roberts has been on the job, in a way, keeping fans and followers updated about her health.
She endured a bone marrow transplant after being diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome, a rare blood disorder.
But she’s doing well. According to her latest update, the “Good Morning America” co-anchor’s recovery is going well.
“Today is what I like to call ‘Thankful Thursday, aka Friday Eve.’ I have been in the hospital 25 days now. My bone marrow transplant took place exactly two weeks ago. The only numbers that matter are my blood counts and they are… GREAT!” Roberts wrote in a blog post on GMA’s website.
Though she’s in good spirits, Robin admits she has some bad days of intense pain and minimal appetite.
“My doctors and rock star nurses are very pleased with my progress, and I could not be more thankful for the excellent care I am receiving,” she added. “I have had some extremely painful days and it’s still difficult for me to eat because of all the chemo.”
Chemotherapy was a part of her prep process, explains ABC’s news blog.
While she’s still in recovery mode, family and friends continue to surround her with love and comfort.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Naturi Naughton Feels Tasha St. Patrick is Relatable, Not Unrealistic
- D’Angelo a No-Show for Scheduled Prince Tribute at BET Awards
- #BlackTwitter to Justin Timberlake After Praising Jesse Williams: ‘He’s Talking About You, Tho’
- Jesse Williams Reminds BET Audience Why He’s #ActivistBae (Watch the Full Speech)
- Watch: This Young Brother Met an 'Angel' at Krogers in Memphis
- Jill Scott Marries Longtime Boyfriend Mike Dobson; He Surprises Her with Big Daddy Kane at Reception (Watch)
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here