Robin Roberts has been on the job, in a way, keeping fans and followers updated about her health.
She endured a bone marrow transplant after being diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome, a rare blood disorder.
But she’s doing well. According to her latest update, the “Good Morning America” co-anchor’s recovery is going well.
“Today is what I like to call ‘Thankful Thursday, aka Friday Eve.’ I have been in the hospital 25 days now. My bone marrow transplant took place exactly two weeks ago. The only numbers that matter are my blood counts and they are… GREAT!” Roberts wrote in a blog post on GMA’s website.
Though she’s in good spirits, Robin admits she has some bad days of intense pain and minimal appetite.
“My doctors and rock star nurses are very pleased with my progress, and I could not be more thankful for the excellent care I am receiving,” she added. “I have had some extremely painful days and it’s still difficult for me to eat because of all the chemo.”
Chemotherapy was a part of her prep process, explains ABC’s news blog.
While she’s still in recovery mode, family and friends continue to surround her with love and comfort.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Yolanda Adams Added to Fox’s Live Musical ‘The Passion’
- Lance Stephenson Drags Ex K. Michelle Over ‘Down in the DM’ Remix
- Cleveland Rescinds $500 ER Bill Sent to Tamir Rice’s Family
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Wife of Thunder Asst. Coach Monty Williams Dies in Car Crash
- Diddy Joining ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Pharrell Williams
- Janet Jackson Sighting: Paps Finally Catch Her After Surgery (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here