Robin Roberts has been on the job, in a way, keeping fans and followers updated about her health.
She endured a bone marrow transplant after being diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome, a rare blood disorder.
But she’s doing well. According to her latest update, the “Good Morning America” co-anchor’s recovery is going well.
“Today is what I like to call ‘Thankful Thursday, aka Friday Eve.’ I have been in the hospital 25 days now. My bone marrow transplant took place exactly two weeks ago. The only numbers that matter are my blood counts and they are… GREAT!” Roberts wrote in a blog post on GMA’s website.
Though she’s in good spirits, Robin admits she has some bad days of intense pain and minimal appetite.
“My doctors and rock star nurses are very pleased with my progress, and I could not be more thankful for the excellent care I am receiving,” she added. “I have had some extremely painful days and it’s still difficult for me to eat because of all the chemo.”
Chemotherapy was a part of her prep process, explains ABC’s news blog.
While she’s still in recovery mode, family and friends continue to surround her with love and comfort.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o, Danielle Brooks, Cynthia Erivo Lock Down Tony Nominations
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here