Robin Roberts has been on the job, in a way, keeping fans and followers updated about her health.
She endured a bone marrow transplant after being diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome, a rare blood disorder.
But she’s doing well. According to her latest update, the “Good Morning America” co-anchor’s recovery is going well.
“Today is what I like to call ‘Thankful Thursday, aka Friday Eve.’ I have been in the hospital 25 days now. My bone marrow transplant took place exactly two weeks ago. The only numbers that matter are my blood counts and they are… GREAT!” Roberts wrote in a blog post on GMA’s website.
Though she’s in good spirits, Robin admits she has some bad days of intense pain and minimal appetite.
“My doctors and rock star nurses are very pleased with my progress, and I could not be more thankful for the excellent care I am receiving,” she added. “I have had some extremely painful days and it’s still difficult for me to eat because of all the chemo.”
Chemotherapy was a part of her prep process, explains ABC’s news blog.
While she’s still in recovery mode, family and friends continue to surround her with love and comfort.
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here