Robin Roberts has been on the job, in a way, keeping fans and followers updated about her health.
She endured a bone marrow transplant after being diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome, a rare blood disorder.
But she’s doing well. According to her latest update, the “Good Morning America” co-anchor’s recovery is going well.
“Today is what I like to call ‘Thankful Thursday, aka Friday Eve.’ I have been in the hospital 25 days now. My bone marrow transplant took place exactly two weeks ago. The only numbers that matter are my blood counts and they are… GREAT!” Roberts wrote in a blog post on GMA’s website.
Though she’s in good spirits, Robin admits she has some bad days of intense pain and minimal appetite.
“My doctors and rock star nurses are very pleased with my progress, and I could not be more thankful for the excellent care I am receiving,” she added. “I have had some extremely painful days and it’s still difficult for me to eat because of all the chemo.”
Chemotherapy was a part of her prep process, explains ABC’s news blog.
While she’s still in recovery mode, family and friends continue to surround her with love and comfort.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here