*Antoine Ashley, better known as Sahara Davenport on RuPaul’s Drag Race, died Monday of heart failure, according to his mother Angela Ashley Reddish.
“I thank God for giving me an angel Antoine Ashley to share with the rest of the world,” Reddish said in a statement Wednesday. “My family and I would like to thank everyone for their condolences and support. We know that our angel is now dancing in heaven.”
Ashley’s boyfriend of six years, Karl Westerberg – who competed on season three of “RuPaul’s Drag Race” as Manila Luzon – also released a statement.
“Antoine lived to entertain the world as Sahara Davenport and the world was in awe over his extreme talent. But his heart is what made us all fall in love with him,” he said.
“To me he will always be my best friend, my hero, my diva and I have always considered myself more than lucky to have him be forever a part of my life. Thank you, hon, for bringing so much beauty to all of us. Your legacy lives on in me and all of us you’ve touched.”
Ashley competed for the title of America’s Next Drag Superstar on the second season of “RuPaul’s Drag Race” in 2010. He also appeared in “15 Films About Madonna,” “Magnificent Obsessions” and “One Life to Live.”
RuPaul expressed his condolences via Twitter on Tuesday morning.
“Shocked & heartbroken over @SaharaDavenport. Never occurred to me that we’d ever lose one of my girls. I see them as immortal,” he tweeted.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Did He Call Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here