Here’s a column from Black Voices where the writer talks about changing this sad fact.
As a young black woman, native to the Midwest (with ties to the windy city), the bright lights, haute cuisine and keep-it-real attitude has been an aspect of Chicago I often cherish.
Yet, Chicago’s nightlife has been targeted recently as discriminatory towards blacks — and discrimination is something I definitely do not cherish.
Read more at Black Voices
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Ralkina Jones: 3rd Black Woman in Two Weeks to Die in Jail Cell
- Rapper Styles P Reveals Daughter Committed Suicide
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here