Somebody forgot to ask Big Bird for permission.
According to the Daily Beast, “Sesame Street’s” letters of the day are T-A-K-E I-T D-O-W-N, O-B-A-M-A.
After the president’s campaign used Big Bird to mock Romney in a new ad (see below), “Sesame Street” asked Obama to pull the spot.
In a statement on its blog, “Sesame Street” said that it doesn’t participate in political campaigns.
“We have approved no campaign ads, and as is our general practice, have requested that the ad be taken down,” the blog post read.
The ad cast Romney as the only soul brave enough to fight Big Bird, an “evil genius” that was not only big and yellow, but a menace to our economy.
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here