Well. on Thursday, Howard was asked about quote from O’Neal, who – in a recent interview – ranked Brooks Lopez and Andrew Bynum over the new Lakers big man, the three-time Defensive Player of the Year at the center position.
“I don’t really care what Shaq says. Shaq played the game, he’s done. He’s gone. It’s time to move on,” Howard said. “He hated the fact that when he played, the older guys were talking about him and how he played, and now he’s doing the exact same thing. Just let it go. There’s no sense for him to be talking trash. He did his thing in the league, (he’s one) of the greatest to ever play the game. Just sit back and relax. Your time is up. I don’t really care. He can say whatever he wants.”
In Shaq’s interview, which will air on NBA TV’s “Open Court” on Tuesday at 11 p.m., the future Hall of Famer praised Patrick Ewing and Hakeem Olajuwon for being “true centers” and scoffed at Howard for playing a European style. (You can see that clip here.)
An irritated D12 responded:
“I have respect for him and what he did for basketball,” Howard said. “That’s it. Like I said, he already did his thing. He played. When my time is up there’s going to be someone else who can do everything I can do and probably do it better.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here