*News broke today that after three seasons on the air, “The Talk” has seen the most growth among daytime network talk shows – while reigning champ “The View” posts year-to-year losses.
In terms of viewers, “The Talk” is currently averaging 2.294 million this season, according to Nielsen, up 337,000 (17 percent) from the 1.957 million it was averaging this time last year.
The good news comes on a day when co-host Sheryl Underwood, who turns 49 on Sunday (Oct. 28), was given special treatment by her co-hosts Sharon Osbourne, Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert and Aisha Tyler as they celebrated her birthday on today’s broadcast. The comedian received roses, she was serenaded by Johnny Gill, and in an unexpected surprise, Underwood even heard from her recently-deceased mother through psychic guest Char Margolis.
“I’m hearing ‘My baby,” and ‘I’m sorry I’m not there with you. I am here with you for your birthday, but it’s the first time I’m not on the earth with you for your birthday,’” Margolis told Underwood, relaying the message from Sheryl’s mom.
Underwood is the first to say she’s come a long way in her road from struggling standup comic (who couldn’t even get a spot on “Def Comedy Jam” in its first season) to becoming a household name – a journey she is currently documenting in an upcoming autobiography.
“We don’t have a title yet, but the book is really everything that’s ever happened to me in my life, and how I use a sadness to succeed,” Underwood told EURweb exclusively. “It talks more about my dad, and how you handle loss and pain and anger and disappointment to become a better person.”
Below, Underwood talks more about her roller coaster ride.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here