The woman who produced the original “Steel Magnolias” is suing over the upcoming Lifetime TV remake of the film. She says she’s not getting the credit or the cash she deserves, reports TMZ.
Victoria L. White — executive producer of the 1989 film starring Julia Roberts, Dolly Parton, and Shirley MacLaine — filed suit (on Monday) against Sony Pictures and Lifetime Television … which is producing the new TV movie starring Queen Latifah, Jill Scott and Phylicia Rashad.
In the documents, White claims she has a “Television agreement” that entitles her to a co-producer or co-executive producer credit on any TV project based on her hit film.
Like EURweb on Facebook
According to the suit, White also says she’s entitled to some cash for the Lifetime remake — including a $15,000 fee, plus up to 3.75% of net profits from the movie.
White further alleges Sony is fully aware of her TV deal … because it gave her a co-producer credit and compensation the first time this happened. For those who don’t remember (as in all of us), there was already a 1992 CBS TV movie based on “Steel Magnolias.”
White is suing for compensation on the Lifetime remake — and she wants an injunction to stop the film from airing … unless she gets her on-screen credit.
“Steel Magnolias” premiers on Lifetime on Sunday, Oct. 7 at 9/8c.
Watch the promo/preview for “Steel magnolias”:
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here