The woman who produced the original “Steel Magnolias” is suing over the upcoming Lifetime TV remake of the film. She says she’s not getting the credit or the cash she deserves, reports TMZ.
Victoria L. White — executive producer of the 1989 film starring Julia Roberts, Dolly Parton, and Shirley MacLaine — filed suit (on Monday) against Sony Pictures and Lifetime Television … which is producing the new TV movie starring Queen Latifah, Jill Scott and Phylicia Rashad.
In the documents, White claims she has a “Television agreement” that entitles her to a co-producer or co-executive producer credit on any TV project based on her hit film.
Like EURweb on Facebook
According to the suit, White also says she’s entitled to some cash for the Lifetime remake — including a $15,000 fee, plus up to 3.75% of net profits from the movie.
White further alleges Sony is fully aware of her TV deal … because it gave her a co-producer credit and compensation the first time this happened. For those who don’t remember (as in all of us), there was already a 1992 CBS TV movie based on “Steel Magnolias.”
White is suing for compensation on the Lifetime remake — and she wants an injunction to stop the film from airing … unless she gets her on-screen credit.
“Steel Magnolias” premiers on Lifetime on Sunday, Oct. 7 at 9/8c.
Watch the promo/preview for “Steel magnolias”:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here