*Stevie Nicks, who appeared as a mentor on “American Idol” last year was asked to comment on the supposed feud going on between current judges Maria Carey and Nicki Minaj.
It didn’t take long to figure out that she’s Team Mariah.
“How dare this little girl!,” the Fleetwood Mac singer told USA Today while promoting her new documentary, In Your Dream. “If I had been Mariah I would have walked over to Nicki and strangled her to death right there.”
Nicks, 64, went on to say, “I would have killed her in front of all those people and had to go to jail for it.”
Several hours later, Nicks issued an apology for her remarks.
In a statement sent to Lifeline Live, she said: “I want to apologize for my remarks about Nicki Minaj’s behavior toward Mariah Carey which I said during a long and exhausting day of interviews. It was very out of character for me and I deeply regret what I said. I feel very protective toward Mariah Carey who has gone through many difficulties in her life and I spoke without thinking. I think all artist should be respectful toward one another and that includes me. I am truly sorry.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here