*Stevie Nicks, who appeared as a mentor on “American Idol” last year was asked to comment on the supposed feud going on between current judges Maria Carey and Nicki Minaj.
It didn’t take long to figure out that she’s Team Mariah.
“How dare this little girl!,” the Fleetwood Mac singer told USA Today while promoting her new documentary, In Your Dream. “If I had been Mariah I would have walked over to Nicki and strangled her to death right there.”
Nicks, 64, went on to say, “I would have killed her in front of all those people and had to go to jail for it.”
Several hours later, Nicks issued an apology for her remarks.
In a statement sent to Lifeline Live, she said: “I want to apologize for my remarks about Nicki Minaj’s behavior toward Mariah Carey which I said during a long and exhausting day of interviews. It was very out of character for me and I deeply regret what I said. I feel very protective toward Mariah Carey who has gone through many difficulties in her life and I spoke without thinking. I think all artist should be respectful toward one another and that includes me. I am truly sorry.”
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Unauthorized Beyoncé Bio to Reveal Inside Deets on 'SolangeGate'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here