*With the phrase “Christian celebrity” trending on Twitter Friday, those in the Twittersphere have expressed various opinions on the subject, with many opposing the thought of “celebrity,” arguing that the focus of one’s faith should be on God, reports the Christian Post.
Several commentators suggested that Christians are not meant to be celebrities, but rather to focus their “spotlight” on God, instead of themselves.
“Guard against becoming a ‘Christian celebrity.’ It’s not about how you act in the spotlight…it’s about how you turn the spotlight down,” tweeted Ken Smith, preacher of Project Peter Ministries.
“Christian celebrity — no go Tonto. We must decrease, He must increase,” tweeted the Sisters of Bethany, an order based in the U.K.
Others argued that Christians should not be boastful about their fame.
Read more at the ChristianPost.com.
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Sounds of Blackness Releases Incredible Anthem 'Black Lives Matter: No Justice No Peace!' (WATCH/LISTEN)
- Confederate Flags Left At Martin Luther King’s Church in Atlanta
- Freedom Day Has Come for America's Youngest Murderers (Video)
- ‘Death By Gossip With Wendy Williams’ Set for Fall Debut on ID
- Chief Keef Plans to Perform in 3 Cities Simultaneously Via Hologram
- Instagram’s ‘Hot Gay Dads’ Call it Quits
- Amber Rose Criticized for Teaching Her Baby 'Hood English' (WATCH)
- Mother of Three Killed By Ex-Boyfriend-Baby-Daddy-Gang Member
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here