*With the phrase “Christian celebrity” trending on Twitter Friday, those in the Twittersphere have expressed various opinions on the subject, with many opposing the thought of “celebrity,” arguing that the focus of one’s faith should be on God, reports the Christian Post.
Several commentators suggested that Christians are not meant to be celebrities, but rather to focus their “spotlight” on God, instead of themselves.
“Guard against becoming a ‘Christian celebrity.’ It’s not about how you act in the spotlight…it’s about how you turn the spotlight down,” tweeted Ken Smith, preacher of Project Peter Ministries.
“Christian celebrity — no go Tonto. We must decrease, He must increase,” tweeted the Sisters of Bethany, an order based in the U.K.
Others argued that Christians should not be boastful about their fame.
Read more at the ChristianPost.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here