*With the phrase “Christian celebrity” trending on Twitter Friday, those in the Twittersphere have expressed various opinions on the subject, with many opposing the thought of “celebrity,” arguing that the focus of one’s faith should be on God, reports the Christian Post.
Several commentators suggested that Christians are not meant to be celebrities, but rather to focus their “spotlight” on God, instead of themselves.
“Guard against becoming a ‘Christian celebrity.’ It’s not about how you act in the spotlight…it’s about how you turn the spotlight down,” tweeted Ken Smith, preacher of Project Peter Ministries.
“Christian celebrity — no go Tonto. We must decrease, He must increase,” tweeted the Sisters of Bethany, an order based in the U.K.
Others argued that Christians should not be boastful about their fame.
Read more at the ChristianPost.com.
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here