*With the phrase “Christian celebrity” trending on Twitter Friday, those in the Twittersphere have expressed various opinions on the subject, with many opposing the thought of “celebrity,” arguing that the focus of one’s faith should be on God, reports the Christian Post.
Several commentators suggested that Christians are not meant to be celebrities, but rather to focus their “spotlight” on God, instead of themselves.
“Guard against becoming a ‘Christian celebrity.’ It’s not about how you act in the spotlight…it’s about how you turn the spotlight down,” tweeted Ken Smith, preacher of Project Peter Ministries.
“Christian celebrity — no go Tonto. We must decrease, He must increase,” tweeted the Sisters of Bethany, an order based in the U.K.
Others argued that Christians should not be boastful about their fame.
Read more at the ChristianPost.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here