*With the phrase “Christian celebrity” trending on Twitter Friday, those in the Twittersphere have expressed various opinions on the subject, with many opposing the thought of “celebrity,” arguing that the focus of one’s faith should be on God, reports the Christian Post.
Several commentators suggested that Christians are not meant to be celebrities, but rather to focus their “spotlight” on God, instead of themselves.
“Guard against becoming a ‘Christian celebrity.’ It’s not about how you act in the spotlight…it’s about how you turn the spotlight down,” tweeted Ken Smith, preacher of Project Peter Ministries.
“Christian celebrity — no go Tonto. We must decrease, He must increase,” tweeted the Sisters of Bethany, an order based in the U.K.
Others argued that Christians should not be boastful about their fame.
Read more at the ChristianPost.com.
- Why Aren't Our Black Celebrities Supporting Black Theatre ... Financially?
- Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Busted Smuggling Shank Into Rikers
- B.Scott Accompanies Laverne Cox to BET Awards
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here