*Grammy-nominated R&B artist Trey Songz and “Private Practice” star Taye Diggs have joined Paula Patton, Derek Luke and Djimon Hounsou in the cast of “Baggage Claim,” Fox Searchlight’s adaptation of a novel written by David E. Talbert.
Talbert wrote the screenplay and is directing the romantic comedy about a 35-year-old flight attendant determined not to show up to her baby sister’s engagement party without a fiance of her own and begins searching for a man while on the job.
Patton is starring as the flight attendant, named Montana Moore, with Derek Luke and Adam Brody also on board.
Songz will play a man with plenty of swagger who is living the life of a big-time record producer. Diggs is playing a politically-minded man with eyes on Congress who wants a wife on a tight leash.
Shooting begins this month in Los Angeles. Tim Story and Cary Brokaw are among the producers.
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Nappywood’s 3rd L.A. Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo Attracts Stars
- THE (07-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here