*Grammy-nominated R&B artist Trey Songz and “Private Practice” star Taye Diggs have joined Paula Patton, Derek Luke and Djimon Hounsou in the cast of “Baggage Claim,” Fox Searchlight’s adaptation of a novel written by David E. Talbert.
Talbert wrote the screenplay and is directing the romantic comedy about a 35-year-old flight attendant determined not to show up to her baby sister’s engagement party without a fiance of her own and begins searching for a man while on the job.
Patton is starring as the flight attendant, named Montana Moore, with Derek Luke and Adam Brody also on board.
Songz will play a man with plenty of swagger who is living the life of a big-time record producer. Diggs is playing a politically-minded man with eyes on Congress who wants a wife on a tight leash.
Shooting begins this month in Los Angeles. Tim Story and Cary Brokaw are among the producers.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship (EUR Exclusive)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here